GoPro set up?

Reaction score
Guys, I'm very confused as what's needed and what I need to change to make a gimbal and goPro work with the FC40. I don't plan to use FPV with it but want to get some nicer videos. I know I need a decent Gimbal and which is a good fit with minor to no modifications? And how is gimbal powered? Prob sound stupid but just want to buy the fight stuff. I've looked all thru there threads and in just flat out lost. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Since no one has answered I will give it a try.

Disclaimer: I do not have a gimbal yet but I have looked into this.

You need the gimbal adjustment lever for you controller. To state the obvious a gimbal and gopro. If you don't have fpv you will not know the angle of the gopro. You might be able to set it to a position and leave it or just use wifi preview and a wifi repeater for preview. Since you have an fc40 on 5.8 ghz it should cause no problems.

The walkera gimbals are popular and there are tons of videos and posts on installing it.

Hope this helps at least a little.

Tomm

Cajvol94 said:
I know I need a decent Gimbal and which is a good fit with minor to no modifications? And how is gimbal powered? Prob sound stupid but just want to buy the fight stuff. I've looked all thru there threads and in just flat out lost. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Get the Walkera G-2D. It's well made, lighter than the nameless eBay Chinese ones and pretty much plug and play. There is an auxilliary power cable poking out of one of the FC-40's legs; pull that out and solder the Walkera power lead onto that so when you plug the main battery in, the gimbal will be powered from it. If you want to get fancy and have control over your gimbal tilt, you'll need to connect a single cable from the F2 port on the NAZA controller to the pitch control input on the gimbal and you'll also need to modify your transmitter with a gimbal tilt lever. DJI make one but it's stupidly flimsy looking. I got a 5k linear pot off eBay, drilled a hole in the back of my controller, removed the old mini pot from the RC TX and soldered the new one in its place. Works very well and took about 15 minutes to do.

Attachments

• IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 454
wattage said:
Cajvol94 said:
I know I need a decent Gimbal and which is a good fit with minor to no modifications? And how is gimbal powered? Prob sound stupid but just want to buy the fight stuff. I've looked all thru there threads and in just flat out lost. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Get the Walkera G-2D. It's well made, lighter than the nameless eBay Chinese ones and pretty much plug and play. There is an auxilliary power cable poking out of one of the FC-40's legs; pull that out and solder the Walkera power lead onto that so when you plug the main battery in, the gimbal will be powered from it. If you want to get fancy and have control over your gimbal tilt, you'll need to connect a single cable from the F2 port on the NAZA controller to the pitch control input on the gimbal and you'll also need to modify your transmitter with a gimbal tilt lever. DJI make one but it's stupidly flimsy looking. I got a 5k linear pot off eBay, drilled a hole in the back of my controller, removed the old mini pot from the RC TX and soldered the new one in its place. Works very well and took about 15 minutes to do.

Ok great I'll try that. Auxiliary power cable poking out of one of the legs??? All I see are the compass cable and 2 antenna cables. Where is the other???
Thanks.

only a the tip of the wire was showing when my phantom arrived, it may have been pushed back up inside. i dont recall which leg it was coming out of, but i believe it was with the front antenna.

joi said:
only a the tip of the wire was showing when my phantom arrived, it may have been pushed back up inside. i dont recall which leg it was coming out of, but i believe it was with the front antenna.

Ok I'll check it out. Thanks.

It should be just poking out from the soft rubber grommet at the top of the front left leg. If not, off with the top and pop it back through.

wattage said:
It should be just poking out from the soft rubber grommet at the top of the front left leg. If not, off with the top and pop it back through.

Ok

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers