Gopro saying "USB Connected Camera Files Accessible"

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 with a Gopro3 Hero SIlver edition and 600mw transmitter. I haven't flown since last year, today I went to go start up the quad and notice that there is no live feed from the camera. All it says is 'USB Connected Camera Files Accessible.'

I sort of took a break from the hobby to focus on helis for a few months, so I am completely out of the loop. Can someone update me as to what is going on? Did Gopro release a new update that renders my current setup useless?

I have a Phantom 2 with a Gopro3 Hero SIlver edition and 600mw transmitter. I haven't flown since last year, today I went to go start up the quad and notice that there is no live feed from the camera. All it says is 'USB Connected Camera Files Accessible.'

I sort of took a break from the hobby to focus on helis for a few months, so I am completely out of the loop. Can someone update me as to what is going on? Did Gopro release a new update that renders my current setup useless?

Yes that is exactly what they did to the Hero 3+ line of cameras. So if you unwittingly updated your GoPro 3+ silver or black you can rollback to v2.0 and once again open your cameras USB video output to the TX.Use the following site to download a copy.

Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware

When you downloaded the zip files to your download page unzip and put the three files into a master file called UPDATE then drag or copy/paste that file onto your SD card and load into your camera. Many others have made the same mistake of updating their cameras and have used this rollback procedure with success.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues