GoPro Powering Off

Reaction score
My setup is a Phantom 2, Mini iosd, Fatshark 5.8 TX, Zen Gimbal, GoPro 3 Blk Edition and Black Pearl Monitor. What seems to be happening is during my last two flights the go pro will power off sometimes even when its recording. The battery that is in my go pro is charged. Could it be that there is not enough power coming from the board to power the Fatshark, GoPro, and Gimbal?

Thanks in advance.

extrememc said:
My setup is a Phantom 2, Mini iosd, Fatshark 5.8 TX, Zen Gimbal, GoPro 3 Blk Edition and Black Pearl Monitor. What seems to be happening is during my last two flights the go pro will power off sometimes even when its recording. The battery that is in my go pro is charged. Could it be that there is not enough power coming from the board to power the Fatshark, GoPro, and Gimbal?

Thanks in advance.

No, you said it yourself. It's probably the GoPro. Just send it in to them and have them send you a new one - the warranty should cover it.

extrememc said:

Thanks in advance.

Check the settings on the Gopro. These little suckers are actually pretty **** cameras. I've had two this year, the first one was a dream, never gave any problems but sadly it was connected to my old P2 when it dropped like a rock from 700m into someone's property about 1000m away, never to be recovered. The second one has also had issues with just powering off randomly during flight , also recording corrupt files and other little gremlins. I spoke to the Gopro people here in NEw Zealand who said to run a firmware update but not with the camera plugged in. I took the SD card out and placed that in my PC and just saved the update files directly onto the card, then put the card back into the camera where it ran its usual update light blinking thing for about 5 minutes and then voila!!, problems solved.

You should also check that you don't have the camera set to power off after a standby period, there is a very slight chance that this could be causing the issue but personally I think my first option should fix your camera.

GP3's had this problem, I believe the root cause was overheating, but it is supposed to be fixed (the shutting off, not the part about getting hot) with that firmware update. Follow Pete's method above and you should be good after that.

check your simm card. if its not fast enough, it will power the gopro down

JaysDMC said:
Whiteram said:
check your simm card. if its not fast enough, it will power the gopro down

That was my problem. Once I moved up to a class 10 SD card, my power off issues went away.
good to hear! Now go get some great video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl