Gopro plastic case question

Reaction score
I have a Gopro 3 white edition I bought used at a pawn shop for $60. It came with waterproof case with deep back for the included LCD screen. I thought that was a great deal. Anyway, my daughter sent me a couple of backs for the housing. The one shallow back for the camera with no lcd screen fits fine. The shallow back with cutouts on the back is smaller and won't work. What the heck is that for? I was hoping to use that so I can get better sound. Are other gopro housings smaller?

The 'skeleton' back should fit. Does it look different? When you say it won't fit do you mean it won't latch or it won't even fit on it?
And yeah, great deal.

If you don't need weather proofing there is a small frame type holder too. It's all on the GP web site. Zillions of extras available.

The 'skeleton' back should fit. Does it look different? When you say it won't fit do you mean it won't latch or it won't even fit on it?
And yeah, great deal.
It looks the same as the other shallow back without cutouts but smaller. The hinge parts fits but it can't latch . It is about 1/4 inch shorter and 1/4 inch less wide. I seem to remember seeing some of the newer camers.....after the Hero 3...were smaller.

The 3+ appears smaller but it is the same size it is the case changed a bit. Maybe it is for the 3+?

Check out this comparison then go subscribe to Mitch as he has the best go pro videos out there!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The 3+ appears smaller but it is the same size it is the case changed a bit. Maybe it is for the 3+?

Check out this comparison then go subscribe to Mitch as he has the best go pro videos out there!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks for the video. I have the case and latch as shown on the left in the video. I also see that the cameras arewaterproof that different in size but the way they fit into the housing is different. I have the extra space around my camera when in the housing. The 3+ just fits with no extra room. The back must be for the 3+ case. If I had an extra back I could cut out openings but I would rather have the water tight feature since I have only one shallow back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.