Gopro placement on V2?

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone else has attached say a GP3+ on their V2 and where did you place it? I just wanna get the second view and add in the footage but not sure where to place it? On the top would prob interfere with the gps right?

melenco4 said:
I was just wondering if anyone else has attached say a GP3+ on their V2 and where did you place it? I just wanna get the second view and add in the footage but not sure where to place it? On the top would prob interfere with the gps right?
Wrong, on top won't interfere with gps, but with Propellers!!!

:lol:
yali said:
melenco4 said:
Wrong, on top won't interfere with gps, but with Propellers!!!

Well, to test my theory I put a normal curved mount up there and the props never even came close to the gp3...anyway I let the V2 get a sat signal turned on gopro signal dropped to 3 started recording and it went to 0 sat signals..turned gp off completely and signal went back up to 10...so ..explain that.

I mounted a gopro pointing out the back under the battery. Flew a couple times with it shot video and pictures out both ends. I had to get a bracket just like the one the camera is sitting on to get rid of the jello effect. Worked fine. Flew fine. No issues.

melenco4 said:
Well, to test my theory I put a normal curved mount up there and the props never even came close to the gp3...anyway I let the V2 get a sat signal turned on gopro signal dropped to 3 started recording and it went to 0 sat signals..turned gp off completely and signal went back up to 10...so ..explain that.

Did you shut off the WiFi functionality on the GoPro itself?
I know other platforms that specifically carry the GoPros tell you to do that... mainly for conflicts with the tx... but I could see how it might interfere with the sat as well. Or it could just be the EM interference from the basic camera functions as well.

Interesting that you found enough space on top for the mount. I, too, would've though it would've gotten hit by the props. But my other concern would be balance. Once you start putting weighty things above the centerline of the props, I would imagine you'd start to throw off the balance pretty considerably. It just seems like a smarter idea to keep everything "down below" as much as possible.

There is plenty of space up there but you're right about the interference and actually it was flying pretty well while the camera was off but of course camera on I stayed grounded b/c of now sat signal. I know I can fly without it but well ..I just don't wanna lol Yes all wifi function was off on the GP. I ended up mounting it on the bottom with a homemade bracket. To take off I let the PV2 sit in a bucket took off and landed back in the bucket LOL crude but it worked!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj