GoPro Photo Editing STILL SHOT

Reaction score
I would like to edit still shots from the GoPro. What do you guys use?

Key features I am looking for are very basic Zoom/Crop/ add text to the photo, clean up the fisheye, . I am a PC user so I don't get much in the way of software for editing and would like to know what people are successful with for the GoPro.

It does not look like GoPro Studio allows editing of stills. Your advise?

BallisticPhantom said:
I would like to edit still shots from the GoPro. What do you guys use?

Key features I am looking for are very basic Zoom/Crop/ add text to the photo, clean up the fisheye, . I am a PC user so I don't get much in the way of software for editing and would like to know what people are successful with for the GoPro.

It does not look like GoPro Studio allows editing of stills. Your advise?

Some use Adobe. It has "lens profiles" that will automatically take out the fish eye. You can do this with less expensive software like Gimp, but won't be automatic.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4149

I am a strong supporter of Adobe's PhotoShopElements....this is a "Lite" version of the full blown...and very expen$ive PhotoShop. I like the description that it has 80% of the functions of PhotoShop (also referred to as CS4 or 5..or..*) at about 20% of the cost. PhotoShopElements (PSE) is often on sale in the $80 range, CS* can be a thousand..depending on the features desired.

PSE is pretty intuitive, the learning curve to get familiar with the basics, crop, saturation, cloning, blemish fixes, etc. is very short...but the more advanced techniques of layers, masks, etc. are also available. The tutorials are good and should allow the user to work through about anything that might be needed.

Past the very basic 'tweaking' of an image, a very often used option in PSE is the PhotoMerge, that's the tool that is used to do panoramic photography...it can merge ('stitching' is another term)...multiple images even if they are not perfectly aligned, exposed, etc. into stunning wide angle photos. I have not yet done my first one with my Vision, but that is in the works very soon. Rotating the Phantom, taking a shot...then another 20 degrees or so, should provide me with some interesting images.

To have a "peek" at any of the Adobe products, you can download them for FREE...fully featured, for a 30 day trial. And no, I am in no way connected with the company, but a nice check for my 'endorsement' would be welcome...!

Hey guys. My first post here - still reading a lot before I start posting too much, but as an 18 year Photoshop professional user, I thought this could be a place where I could weigh in. I'm only half right.

Aside from GIMP or free solutions, my instinct was to recommend Adobe Lightroom over PSElements. It has great file management as well as amazing editing tools, but after reading an article, if seems I may just be looking at it for MY needs as opposed to yours.

Here is a good article comparing Photoshop, Elements, and Lightroom.

http://photographylife.com/lightroom-vs ... p-elements

That said, until Lightroom came out, I have been using ACDSee for almost as long as Photoshop, as my file manager, and over the years they have added very powerful image editing tools.

It's not cheap, but is a great deal. http://www.acdsee.com/en/products/acdsee-pro-7 I've only been using the "Pro" version, for the past 8 years or so, so I cant speak top the capabilities of the lesser version (http://www.acdsee.com/en/products/acdsee-17), but the even Pro v6 has lens distortion correction that you can adjust an image and save the setting as a preset to apply to others.

Just my thoughts. Hope it helps.

I use photoshop.

I DON'T use the lens correction because it is inaccurate and causes a LOT of quality loss. I use the liquify plugin to manually fix distortion as needed, until I can mount my Canon S95!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20