GoPro melted over Volcano. P2 Ok!

Reaction score
I saw the video and story.

It is amazing that the phantom flew home when the go-pro melted. I wonder if the go-pro demise started by electronics popping too.

Good job phantom - and DJI for living their story !

So the lesson here is, for future footage of erupting volcanoes --- just leave the GoPro at home and use the Lightbridge HD link to capture the video!

:p

MadMitch88 said:
So the lesson here is, for future footage of erupting volcanoes --- just leave the GoPro at home and use the Lightbridge HD link to capture the video!

:p

So what are you going to use to capture the video being sent through the Lightbridge? ;)

You may not be able to leave the GoPro off, but in case of GoPro/P2 meltdown, you definitely should record the LB downlink just so you don't lose the video on the SD card!

ElGuano said:
So what are you going to use to capture the video being sent through the Lightbridge? ;)

There's about 100+ apps that can record an HD video being shown on a phone or tablet screen (which is what you use to view a Lightbridge downlink signal).

:mrgreen:

MadMitch88 said:
ElGuano said:

There's about 100+ apps that can record an HD video being shown on a phone or tablet screen (which is what you use to view a Lightbridge downlink signal).

No no no, if you "leave the GoPro at home," what camera are you going to connect to the air end to send back to the GS?

MadMitch88 said:
ElGuano said:

I am confused. What is on the downlink signal to record if there is no GoPro on the P2?

PhantomPhreak said:
I am confused. What is on the downlink signal to record if there is no GoPro on the P2?

Hee hee --- well you got a good point there! :)

What I was trying to say is that when flying into an erupting volcano, you can just record the live HD video being transmitted by the Lightbridge until the GoPro camera melts. That way you wouldn't have to worry about getting the Phantom back and praying the micro-SD card is still recoverable. This could be a viable option for "Kamikaze" missions for drones into dangerous situations --- ie, lava-spewing volcanoes, buildings on fire, radioactive meltdowns in power plants, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues