GoPro Karma Release

I'm assuming wifi connection as well?

Gotta be a catch of some kind. Hard to believe they're going to get anything near 3000'+ video transmission over simple WiFi.

Has anybody figured out if the main batt supplements the Hero or is it a completely separately powered systems?

Bye-bye Typhoon H. Hello Karma! LOL

Waterproof? Splash-proof? Floats? Any word on that?

Well I'd definitely get the gimbal handle if thats sold separately. The Karma itself looks cool from the presentation. It looks very compact when storing away in the case to. A part of me is thinking to wait for the 2nd generation. Its a huge hype right now because GOPRO finally has a vehicle for their camera. DJI is already on the 4th generation, possibly 5th coming up, so I think DJI's tech might still be ahead of Karma.

Reactions: scootrkitz
Bye-bye Typhoon H. Hello Karma! LOL

Seems like this would be the direct comparison rather than Karma vs Phantom.....right? I mean even the controllers look similar.

It's targeting a different market... maybe the 2nd gen of karma might catch up with DJI in the mod/range flight scene addicts..

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Seems like this would be the direct comparison rather than Karma vs Phantom.....right? I mean even the controllers look similar.

Not really bit I won't get into that discussion here. I have Phantoms and Typhoons and Inspires. I was just simply saying I'm probably going to sell the Typhoon H and use the funds to fund the Karma system. That's all. There is no comparison between the Typhoon H and Karma. Two totally different platforms for two distinctly different intended functions.

Well I'd definitely get the gimbal handle if thats sold separately. The Karma itself looks cool from the presentation. It looks very compact when storing away in the case to. A part of me is thinking to wait for the 2nd generation. Its a huge hype right now because GOPRO finally has a vehicle for their camera. DJI is already on the 4th generation, possibly 5th coming up, so I think DJI's tech might still be ahead of Karma.

Just remember that nobody's introducing a first gen product anymore. They are all learning from what others got right and what others got wrong. I know what you're saying but this won't be a first gen Phantom. Not by anyone's imagination or standard.

DJI better have an earth-shattering announcement to talk me off this wall. I don't see it happening but we shall see. Doesn't ship until late Oct/early Nov anyway.

Wonder if this causes the classifieds section to explode? ;). Maybe it was the right move for Gopro to release just before the holidays. Hopefully DJI can counter.

Wonder if this causes the classifieds section to explode? ;). Maybe it was the right move for Gopro to release just before the holidays. Hopefully DJI can counter.

If wifi on the Phantom 2 taught us anything, it was limited range and choppy video feeds. Karma doesn't match up against the P3 or P4.

What it does do is provide a sleeker factor for those who don't need a long range drone and is designed more for the up close to mid range media capture experience.

But the jury is out until we start seeing real world user videos and first hand experiences.

It's sold seperately for $299.

The entire eco-system, not unlike everybody else's; is by design, designed to make you buy the quad to get all the bonus stuff also. Catch is, you're likely not going to be able to buy Karma w/o a handle.

My Osmo without a phone or a tablet. I like it.

If wifi on the Phantom 2 taught us anything, it was limited range and choppy video feeds. Karma doesn't match up against the P3 or P4.

What it does do is provide a sleeker factor for those who don't need a long range drone and is designed more for the up close to mid range media capture experience.

But the jury is out until we start seeing real world user videos and first hand experiences.

Yeah this is what I want to wait for. I want to see all the youtube videos that will be popping up end of October/early November. The Hero5 and 5 session are getting released on Oct 2nd. I may sell my 3+ black to upgrade to the 5.

Let's not fool ourselves here. This product is directed towards a market DJI has never even made an attempt at so far. This isn't intended to be a Phantom killer. It's not that at all. It is, by design as best I can tell; to be used up close and personal. That is not Phantom's primary intended work space.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Yeah this is what I want to wait for. I want to see all the youtube videos that will be popping up end of October/early November. The Hero5 and 5 session are getting released on Oct 2nd. I may sell my 3+ black to upgrade to the 5.

Yep. That's for sure. I skipped the 4 but it is definitely time to dump the 3 Black for a 5 and maybe even splurge for the 4k Session too this time.

Don't forget the Mavic..

14329987_515918498599501_6744347920803079624_n.jpg 14362642_515918508599500_5543234347678650489_o.jpg 14424962_515918471932837_414050104895048063_o.jpg 14352410_515918475266170_7856732134996902818_o.jpg 14329868_515918468599504_2663341505218618708_n.jpg

It's sold seperately for $299.

The entire eco-system, not unlike everybody else's; is by design, designed to make you buy the quad to get all the bonus stuff also. Catch is, you're likely not going to be able to buy Karma w/o a handle.

My Osmo without a phone or a tablet. I like it.

For $799, you have to think the handle isn't included with that price. At least I don't think. Yeah I have the original Osmo also with the z-axis and other accessories. The GoPro handle sounds enticing and won't have the audio issues that the Osmo has.

Yep. That's for sure. I skipped the 4 but it is definitely time to dump the 3 Black for a 5 and maybe even splurge for the 4k Session too this time.

I have a 4 Black but only because I had gotten a deal on it. I also have a session which I might keep because I like the size and sell off the 3+black for the 5 session. I like the form factors of the session. Unless I misread, the 5 and 5 session have the same functions including voice commands right? Also both shoot 4k@30fps like the 4 black.

Let's not fool ourselves here. This product is directed towards a market DJI has never even made an attempt at so far. This isn't intended to be a Phantom killer. It's not that at all. It is, by design as best I can tell; to be used up close and personal. That is not Phantom's primary intended work space.

The P3 and P4 fits every intended work space.. up close to long range. Litchi app allows for Follow and POI. Ground station allows for mid to long range missions.

Phantom Killer?? Most people don't think about flying a drone miles away.. and with a lower price point and the GoPro name?? If it all works, it will steal business away from DJI.

Hey all! The Karma will be unveiled at 12pm EST today, September 19 at gopro.com. Let's keep this as the official thread for the unveiling so we don't end up with a dozen different discussions.

Watch it live at GoPro Official Website - Capture + share your world - Homepage - Blackout

Also, if you want to go deeper on the Karma, join our forum at GoPro Karma Drone Forum.

Thanks!

Cassidy

Have you seen the specs? They claim Karma go go up to 14000 feet lol....is it not restricted to 500 metres like the rest of us

The P3 and P4 fits every intended work space.. up close to long range. Litchi app allows for Follow and POI. Ground station allows for mid to long range missions.

Phantom Killer?? Most people don't think about flying a drone miles away.. and with a lower price point and the GoPro name?? If it all works, it will steal business away from DJI.

I can see that happening. GoPro camera's are used all over the place, I have several myself. Thats why I invested in a P2 previously so I can send up my gopro. What got a little annoying was having to "assemble" everything and charge batteries and the screen just to fly the GoPro. I have a P3P now and absolutely love it but the thought of sending my gopro up in the air again with a Karma sound interesting. I also love GOPRO Studio because it so easy to use even though its not as advanced as other dedicated video editing software out there.

I for one can't have both so I'll have to see user reviews before I even think about getting a Karma. My wife will definitely have something to say if I decided to "change up" again :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav