GoPro Hero3+ black

Reaction score
Not feeling very confident at the moment with GoPro support. My hero 3+ black recently developed colder weather issues where it shut off at 0 degrees Celsius weather. They first say oh it's battery, then oh it's sd card and finally after numerous communications they say oh it's normal.....wow!

I've replaced batteries, kept warm in pocket . Also swapped sd cards. Same problem persists.

Not feeling very confident at the moment with GoPro support. My hero 3+ black recently developed colder weather issues where it shut off at 0 degrees Celsius weather. They first say oh it's battery, then oh it's sd card and finally after numerous communications they say oh it's normal.....wow!

I've replaced batteries, kept warm in pocket . Also swapped sd cards. Same problem persists.

The problem you are having is not caused by the battery, sd card nor is it normal. Have you update your camera to v03,03? Turn on the camera while looking at the bottom of the window and you'll see what version the camera has. I have flown in -6.6 celsius with no ill effects.

What gimbal are you using and is this phantom 2? List all the gear you're using on the quad.

The problem you are having is not caused by the battery, sd card nor is it normal. Have you update your camera to v03,03? Turn on the camera while looking at the bottom of the window and you'll see what version the camera has. I have flown in -6.6 celsius with no ill effects.

What gimbal are you using and is this phantom 2? List all the gear you're using on the quad.
Great info!

I have flown mine in subzero temps without issue. Sounds like something else. Those batteries will give you issues if they are not kept warm prior to use but you said you did that. Do you get the same issue if you turn on the Gopro not mounted to the quad in the same temps?

Jason

Thanks for the response. I'm using the H3-3D gimbal in a Phantom 2.
The firmware is an older version 2.0 . I haven't updated recently after hearing about latest firmware cancelling out fpv thru usb.

I have flown mine in subzero temps without issue. Sounds like something else. Those batteries will give you issues if they are not kept warm prior to use but you said you did that. Do you get the same issue if you turn on the Gopro not mounted to the quad in the same temps?

Yes same issues mounted or unmounted and Phantom powered up and not powered up and also ribbon plugged in and not. Same issue. Very frustrating as I have never had this problem before in much colder weather . Nothing has changed same setting and setup.

Yes same issues mounted or unmounted and Phantom powered up and not powered up and also ribbon plugged in and not. Same issue. Very frustrating as I have never had this problem before in much colder weather . Nothing has changed same setting and setup.

Have you a second battery? If not get one and test it again.

Yeah, if nothing else has changed the only consumable in the camera is the battery so maybe it has nearly reached the end of it's usable life and the cold temps are amplifying the weakness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik