GoPro Hero Plus - Info please!

BVC

Reaction score
Hey!

I just ordered a new GoPro Hero Plus (my first gopro) and I seem to be having a hard time finding how big the image file sizes are when photos are taken in time lapse mode. I find hundreds of charts with video size/length per memory card but nothing really touches on how big each file is for a photo.

I bought the camera as my "dash cam" for my vehicle on road trips. I figured the go pro be a much better option as I hardly drive my explorer and the gopro can have many uses outside the few vacations a year I drive the explorer.

I want to try some different photo techniques with my drone & in life so just trying to gather some information ahead of my trip to better plan for the types of photo shoots I intend to capture before my vacation next week.

(I do not have the camera in hand, it's being shipped which is why I'm asking vs just testing at home myself!)

It came with a 32gb memory card + I bought a 64gb memory card so storage I hope isn't an issue but with being unsure when I can unload the memory card data onto my computer is a different story!!

Thanks,

I suppose it would depend on the setting on the Gopro. Better quality is going to yield larger files. I use mine for time lapse every so o often and I usually have a 32gb in it with no storage issues. I would bet your battery will die before you fill the card.

Are you going to static mount it to the P3?

Yeah I'm just trying to figure out how big the average file size is. They have no problem listing the video size/length online but photos are a different story.

I have a few ideas, which include the drone for some very unique and interesting types of video/photos. I don't want to spill them as they are brewing in my head and I'd like to surprise the world with them to be honest..

But again - I'm just trying to cover my bases on calculations so I make sure I have enough storage and further more enough time allowed on my memory cards without stressing about unloading the data onto the computer during my travels.

Power is not an issue in most cases due to having an external power source to run the camera.

Yeah I'm just trying to figure out how big the average file size is. They have no problem listing the video size/length online but photos are a different story.
Depending on the model of GoPro, your pix will be up to 12MP - the same as the Phantom 3.
Average jpg file size will be 4-5 MB depending on the complexity of the image.
So you could fit more than 6000 photos on the 32 GB card

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik