GoPro Hero 4 silver , wifi signal

Reaction score
Hi
I didt a post in the Gopro forum but they deleted the thread all the time ( i guess they dont like critisism )

But here is the question.

The Wifi signal from my Android ( or IOS ) to the Gopro hero 4 camera is realy bad , and i wanted to know if iam the onlyone experience that problem ?

i have a Dji Phantom fc 40 that is controled on the 5.8ghz . and the GP camera is on 2.4 ghz , so it should be OK
The range is about 10 meters and thats it..
Chris

That's the best you can expect from the GoPro, whether silver, white, Hero3 or Hero4. WiFi is absolute garbage on both GoPros I own and everyone I've heard from reports the same.

hmm well
The camera is good , but you know , its the small Things thats anoying when buying expensive Things.

I like all the other features it has to offer , but the wifi , d... that part realy su.. ;-)

I may be new at this but I do know my GoPro 3+ Black will talk to my cheap Google Android for WAY more than 500 feet.

That's pure WiFi. I've not done anything other than download the App for the GoPro. No hardware, no software, no nuthin.

I chatted with someone at GoPro and they said the WiFi is good for about 20 feet or 10 meters, I don't remember their response because I had already gone much farther than that and they were full of the brown stuff that the cows leave all over the ranch.

The signal is choppy, broken, and delayed but it's there.

As a side-note, I am way, way, way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, the phone doesn't even work without a really nice booster. The only interference I have is the power pole I keep running into in my front yard. :roll:

So, you may want to try getting out of town a bit and see what happens. I can assure you though, anything at all between your android and the camera will screw things up a bit.

Let me know if you test your WiFi out of town. You may want to be away from your car and without your phone too. That's a shot in the dark, but who knows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31