GoPro Hero 4 - New info

QYV said:
Skypixel post regarding a skyhighmedia instagram post about balancing a H3-3D with a GH4, doesn't seem too hard just add some counterweight

Pardon?

mcopete said:
Hero 4 being installed on H3-3D using backplate connector. Both the Black and Silver fit perfect with no modifications required. I supposed you can you pennies or what not to balance things out better if necessary, but all around great news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_Wo7p5RwM

cool thanks! the GoPro Hero 4 mounting into the plate is great.

the Hero4 in a H3-3D which was tuned specifically for the weight of a GH3 changing the balance and needing to be re-balanced... completely separate and highly likely issue

QYV said:
mcopete said:
Hero 4 being installed on H3-3D using backplate connector. Both the Black and Silver fit perfect with no modifications required. I supposed you can you pennies or what not to balance things out better if necessary, but all around great news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_Wo7p5RwM

cool thanks! the GH4 mounting into the plate is great.

the GH4 in a H3-3D which was tuned specifically for the weight of a GH3 changing the balance and needing to be re-balanced... completely separate and highly likely issue

I believe you are confusing the name of the camera... :D You are talking about the GoPro 4 don't you? The GH4 is a total different beast and couldn't be possibly mounted on a H3-3D... ;)
Or have I missed something???

sergekouper said:
I believe you are confusing the name of the camera... :D You are talking about the GoPro 4 don't you? The GH4 is a total different beast and couldn't be possibly mounted on a H3-3D... ;)
Or have I missed something???

totally. I thought GH4 was GoPro Hero 4. that's what I've been talking about... you know.. the topic of the thread :)

Ah, the GH4 / H4 confusion begins. One can only wonder if Panasonic did this on purpose.

Hey guys. I just purchased the new GoPro Hero 4 Black and waiting for my Phantom 2 to arrive. After using the P2V+ for like 2 months I got bored with the quality difference of GoPro and Vision + camera, so I purchased the Phantom 2. I hope they'll be compatible with the H3 gimbal. As soon as I get them, will update you guys :)

What do you think? Where and why should I balance the gimbal?!

Has anyone tried the Hero4 Black with a Zenmuse H3-3D V1(no usb cable). I have this setup and can't get any signal to my FPV system. Not sure if it's a faulty camera or something is just in-compatible.

I don't want to burst anyones bubble here but.......

Some things to be mindful of if you are going down the route of using the GP4 in the H3-3D.

1. The weight of the new Hero 4 IS heavier than the older Hero 3/3+ (not by much but it IS heavier)
2. The COG of the Hero 4 IS different to the older camera (again not by much but ANY change in weight or COG should be considered when using the H3-3D)
3. The Menu button is bigger than the old WiFi button on the Hero 3/3+ and this CAN foul on the gimbal frame causing it to be depressed either intermittently or constantly - see here for modification - > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLCSUBuTuQ

I'm not saying it wont work but people should be mindful of the above points.

Skylineman said:
What do you mean by COD?

???... Where did I write 'COD'?

If you mean COG then it's Centre Of Gravity

I have a GP4Black mounted on my H3-3D and it fits perfectly, weighs the same (if it is heavier it's not affecting the balance at all), and appears to be the same as the GP3+B. The problem I'm having, and I see others having as well, is there is no video output for FPV if you are using the H3-3D with back plate connector. I've been told this issue is not present if you have the crappy ribbon connection though.

Anyone have a solution to get this to work?

EDIT: I just got off the phone with GoPro and the CSR guy said he had not heard about this problem yet, since the cameras just hit the streets yesterday, but he took a full report and was passing it on to the techs. Hopefully they have a resolution soon.

oh man I'm not looking forward to that, I also modded my H3-3D to the 30-pin rear ("hero") port.

Infidel do you have that issue with the smart button on the side (where wifi button was on the 3+) contacting the bracket?

I can't remember who posted it here but they linked this video... I really don't want to go dremel-ing my bracket...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLCSUBuTuQ

No issue with the side button, it's a tad hard to push with the bracket crowding it, but no issues with it initiating WiFi or anything.

Here is something I shot this morning. I just flew one battery as I didn't have much time and I didn't have any FPV feed since I have a V1 gimbal that doesn't pass any video through. I uploaded it to youtube in full 4K, so definitely watch it as high of a resolution as your monitor can support.

I've been editing it on a new mac pro in premiere and using a 65" 4K LED TV as a preview and I can tell you the footage is stunning. Leagues above the old GoPro in terms of quality, latitude and overall look and feel. I'm quite impressed! Now if only they could get the output working with the V1 Zenmuse, I'd be really stoked!

Hope you enjoy the video!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_RAVgtYXgc[/youtube]

Has anyone tried the Hero4 Black with a Zenmuse H3-3D V1(no usb cable). I have this setup and can't get any signal to my FPV system. Not sure if it's a faulty camera or something is just in-compatible.

I am having the same issue with the Hero4 and my V1 3-D. I guess we need a different cable or something.

I have the TS832 Boscam 600mW transmitter.

Any suggestions?

Okay, I have the answer to the V1 Zenmuse H3-3D problem with the new GoPro 4's and you aren't going to like it. A GoPro representative called me back, yeah they are that cool, and he said he's a hobbiest too and ran into this same issue trying to plug his new GoPro4 into his Phantom's gimbal (the V1 with the backplate plug-in) and found out it was not compatible. He switched to the V2 gimbal (with the mini usb stripe) and it worked fine.

Per GoPro it is an issue with the design of the V1 gimbals and since DJI basically rigged the V1 backplate plug-in to work outside of the design of the previous GoPro's that it's their issue and not a GoPro problem. So the only answer is to sell your V1 Gimbal (they go for a decent price because they are in great demand) and get a V2 one or simply keep flying the GoPro3's.

Thanks all for posting. I am canceling my preorder from B&H. I was having doubts it was worth the upgrade for my use anyway. I will wait for the P3 and the 4+.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20