GOPRO HERO 4 BLACK FREEZES

Reaction score
I recently bought a new Gopro hero 4 from Amazon, and I mounted in a h3-3d zenmuse gimbal on a phantom 2. At the very beginning everything worked fine. Recently when I turn it on and either press the mode button few times or press the rec/config button once, it freezes out and I have to reset it by pressing and holding the mode button.
I went into gopro support page and they recommend to upgrade the camera firmware, there is a newer version that the one that is installed in my camera, the problem is that after I copy and unzip the update file and insert the sd into my camera and turn it on, appears a BUSY message and hangs there forever.

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem or I will have to claim a warranty?
thanks

rtachna said:
I recently bought a new Gopro hero 4 from Amazon, and I mounted in a h3-3d zenmuse gimbal on a phantom 2. At the very beginning everything worked fine. Recently when I turn it on and either press the mode button few times or press the rec/config button once, it freezes out and I have to reset it by pressing and holding the mode button.
I went into gopro support page and they recommend to upgrade the camera firmware, there is a newer version that the one that is installed in my camera, the problem is that after I copy and unzip the update file and insert the sd into my camera and turn it on, appears a BUSY message and hangs there forever.

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem or I will have to claim a warranty?
thanks
No idea, but make sure you try it without the SD card in, or at least try another.

Also - curious why you are not updating the firmware using app over wifi. All that file copying via SD card should be unecessary.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers