gopro hero 3 record stops

Reaction score
my hero 3 stops recording randomly during flight is it an auto stop
record default with the camera or caused from the zenmuse or phantom

Most issues with the gopro stopping recording before running out of memory or battery is due to an SD card that isnt up to spec.

Go here for the current list of supported cards. http://gopro.com/support/articles/softw ... te-release

Sandisk Ultra cards were originally on the supported list but have been found to not meet spec at all times and were a main reason for gopro camera issues. If you have a black edition and Sandisk Ultra you can upgrade to the latest firmware, this will reduce the max bitrate to 35Mbps on the sd ultra cards but at least it will keep recording.

Also make sure your card is genuine as there are lots of fakes around and if you have a fake it will cause nothing but issues so try and only buy SD cards from reputable retailers and not from private sellers online.

The odd thing is since GoPro changed the firmware for the SD ultra cards to be at a reduced rate they have since added the SD extreme cards. These are about the best and fastest cards you can get but on current firmware for the black and black+ these are also crippled to 35Mbps max bitrate but should be changed in a future firmware update.

Two tips that I find helped the same issues with my GoPro 2
1) Make sure the battery is fully charged.
2) Format the card on the computer, then in the camera each time.

Gord

steadicamhawaii said:
my hero 3 stops recording randomly during flight is it an auto stop
record default with the camera or caused from the zenmuse or phantom

This happens with any video recorder when SD card isnt fast enough. You need to have atleast CLASS10 SD card with GoPro.

Re: How to remove images from the stock 4gb Micro Sandisk

Deleting photos from the micro memory disk that comes with the quad should not be so difficult. I can copy or transfer them to any file, just can't clear the disk for new images.

Anyone have any suggestions other than formatting the disk.

Thanks

QJ

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1