GoPro Hero 3+ Blurry ?

Reaction score
I have the H3+Black. Mine looks like it has the problem. I will probably get it exchanged. I bought it on a whim in the airport lounge at LAX on my way home. Didn't know about the problem until today. Lots of people have had them exchanged in you look at the thread on the go pro forum. Apparently they ask you to take some pictures, explain what your not happy about then exchange it if they agree with you.

I got a 3+Black a couple of weeks ago and it is pin sharp. There was a problem with some of the early ones but they seem to have sorted it out in the more recent stock. Try and get one from a supplier that has a big turn over of gopros so that you are sure to be getting a fresh one. My ebay seller had already sold a couple of hundred gopros so I knew I would not be getting one that had sat on a shelf for a few months. Its an awesome piece of kit.

If money is an issue, go with the neighbor's Hero3. The quality difference is negligible in many situations, and there is still that risk of getting a crappy Hero3+. There is not $180 worth difference in footage quality.

I am using the 3+ and it doesn't appear to me to have any issues (the production date was Dec 2013). I called GoPro and talked to one of their reps before I purchased the 3+ and he indicated to me that the focus issue was only a problem in their initial production models (Aug 2013) and the later production models were OK. Some of the reviews I have read disputes this info but for me, I don't seem to have the problem.

I received 3+ late December and it is tack sharp. Video is insane. I was reluctant to purchase bc of amazon reviews. But no regrets. It SMS gopro has solved the issue. I also use p2 and people cannot believe how butter smooth and sharp the video is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

neil64 said:
If money is an issue, go with the neighbor's Hero3. The quality difference is negligible in many situations, and there is still that risk of getting a crappy Hero3+. There is not $180 worth difference in footage quality.

Where can I get a Hero 3 Black for $170?

LeoS said:
neil64 said:

GoPro Hero3+ Black retail price is ~$400.00. I'm not sure where you got the $170 figure from. I was referring to the OP's question.

Mav456 said:
Thanks Nige for your input. I'm tossing back and fourth whether to get the 3+ or 3 for my. p2 setup. I have a neighbor offering to sell me his gently used 3 black not + for us $220. What's your opinion on that?

Kenny

neil64 said:
LeoS said:
neil64 said:

GoPro Hero3+ Black retail price is ~$400.00. I'm not sure where you got the $170 figure from. I was referring to the OP's question.

Mav456 said:
Thanks Nige for your input. I'm tossing back and fourth whether to get the 3+ or 3 for my. p2 setup. I have a neighbor offering to sell me his gently used 3 black not + for us $220. What's your opinion on that?

Kenny

Oh.. I thought you were referring to brand new 3 black which is still selling at $320 now. ($350-360 for 3+ black).
I wish I had gotten a 3 black at $235 on black friday, that was an awesome deal.

Mav456 said:
The gopro is all butter smooth friends. The + is blurrier proven facto

Admittedly, I was reluctant to buy the 3+ bc of initial reviews indicating soft focus posted late summer and early fall. After reading comments that orders shipped in 4th quarter were fine, I took the risk of buying the 3+ from a dealer with a solid return policy and received it late December.

As a pro photographer I have no tolerance for anything less than tack sharp. And my first experience w 3+ has been excellent. It is my first gopro product.

For a casual user, I would recommend the 3 and invest the difference in fpv gear. If one plans to pursue commercial interest, the 3+ is worth consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers