Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gopro Hero 3 Black+ on gimbal

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by The Phantom, Aug 1, 2014.

1. The Phantom

Does the Gopro Hero 3 + Black Edition work with the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal since it is 20 percent smaller? I would appreciate a fast answer since I'm on my way to buy a go pro right now.

2. rilot

It's not 20% smaller, it's exactly the same size as a non plus.

3. The Phantom

What? Im sure i read on the gopro website that it was 20 percent smaller, well maybe i missed something then. Well that was nice to hear, then i guess it should work just fine, that is if it has the same kind of connections as the non + model. Thanks for a fast answer.

4. henrycruz

the waterproof case is "20%" smaller :D

oh yeah once you install it can you let us know if you get this type of symptoms? and report it to this thread (viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21345), thanks!

5. The Phantom

Oh the waterproof case, well then its clearly false advertasing. Yes of course, i will report if this issue happens.

6. Gizmo3000

seriously false advertising!
    but I guess they're targeting the 90% (or majority) of buyers who, unlike us aerial photogs, always use the case.

another form of their false advertising is the "Super Wide" mode, which isn't any wider,. they just squish the 4:3 format to fit into 16:9 (making things look stretched, but it's NO wider than standard Wide mode.

7. The Phantom

oh that function too, i thought it sounded like a good function when i read about it, well like you said the case isn't important for me since i will only use the GoPro for aerial footage. I´ve also read that the new waterproof case can't tolerate the same water depths as the previous one, 40 meters vs 60 meters.