GoPro Hero 3 Black as FPV?

Reaction score
I am now a proud owner or the DJI Phantom 1, went with this one because i wanted to build and customize it myself & not to mention the cheap spare batteries =) Anyways, my first accessories I would like to purchase is an FVP system. Is it better to use my goPro as a video relay or should I get a separate camera that comes with a kit? I really dont need anything fancy or high end, just wanna be able to see the direction of the phantom while filming over trees and hills at higher or farther elevations. As far as viewing screen, Id like to use an old phone of mines or even buy a small cheap battery powered screen. Any set up or comments will be helpful, thanks guys! Happy Drone flying!!! :D

Ive been reading about the Boscam-FPV-TS352-RC305-500mw, these is one of the few that has been recomended and its under $150. Is there any other set up out there thats similar or better than this for the same price or under $200? anyone have any experience on this particular item? Or care to share your setup and what is the farthest / safest range 'altitude/distance etc....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic