GoPro - Gimble - FPV Help

Reaction score
Ok I have looked around and not found anything concrete as far as my question - thank you for your help in advance!!

Let me tell you what I have and need, I have a FC40, Walkera Gimble, and GoPro Hero 3+ Silver - My issue is I want to be able to take photos and see what I am taking a photo of, for framing and composition. For example an aerial of a football field, but the gopro wifi seems to suck lol???

Is there anyway I can boost the wifi etc to be able to make this happen?

Let me also note that I am not necessarily needing this for longer travels, just when I want to shoot something and frame it correctly in camera....

Hi strolh. I have had exactly the same needs as you with my fc40. I bought it to get me into the hobby but quickly realised it has a fair few limitations in terms of fpv. This is because the quad is controlled on 5.8 Ghz which is ushally used on most commercially available. fpv systems. This restricts you to using 2.4ghz or lower for your fpv. Basically what you are looking for is a fpv system running of your go pro. Unless you're happy to swap out your go pro for the fc40 cam which I guess is not ideal for your needs. Or mine... The soloution for this is to run a fpv transmitter of your go pro to a monitor on your remote. Depending on what country you are from you may or may not be able to run a 2.4 ghz system without a liscence however for me living in the UK I would have to buy an expensive liscence for this. So I decided to go for a full 2.4 ghz radio conversion. I purchased a futaba 8j radio with an s-bus compatible receiver (ushally bundled) which is extremely easy to install provided you're happy to open the phantom up. And the transmitter set up is easy with plenty of vids on YouTube. The I added an aftermarket ready to run go pro fpv system on 5.8 ghz. Long and short is I am getting about 500 m of line of sight flying with the ability to look around with the gimbal control to frame my shots. I paid about £500 for these extras however I'm sure it could be done for a lot less if you make your own fpv system up. As for the go pro wireless I wouldn't bother with it for fpv atall. One could use a WiFi extender with it but the latancy will still be measured in secconds and will detract from the experience of flying. This is just my oppinion and I'm sure there might be simpler methods out there but in terms of quality and expandability going for a radio swap is the best idea since the dji radios are very cheaply made and the futaba will be able to bind to other models you may or may not end up buying in the future. Sorry for the short essay. Wanted to make sure I covered everything ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl