GoPro drain power from P2 battery

Reaction score
I just updated my goPro to version 2.0 and my gimbal to 1.8. Checking if everything is OK I just saw that my GoPro battery start to charging. The only power source was P2.

How can I stop this? I have own battery for GoPro don't wanna spend flying time to charge GoPro.

ginsonic said:
I just updated my goPro to version 2.0 and my gimbal to 1.8. Checking if everything is OK I just saw that my GoPro battery start to charging. The only power source was P2.

How can I stop this? I have own battery for GoPro don't wanna spend flying time to charge GoPro.

It shouldn't decrease your actual flight time, and if it does, it's not by much. It's not really even charging the GoPro, you couldn't charge it from dead could you?

I was about to post the same thing. I went out to shoot yesterday and, trying to turn on the GoPro before powering up the P2, I was disappointed to see it was dead. I must've left it on the night before.

But, when I went ahead and powered up the P2, just to see, the GoPro's light came on. Was able to film for 20 mins of flight and, once done, the GoPro had battery life leftover.

I don't think it affected my flight time, although, I've never flown it without the GoPro so I'm not sure.

I see this as a benefit though.

When using the GoPro with the Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal, the GoPro is powered through the gimbal and will charge while the Phantom 2 battery is connected and on. Of course this consumes some battery power, but I would estimate that the power draw isn't as significant as flying full speed into a 15mph wind. For the intents and purposes of a Phantom 2, which is basically a fancy toy, this charging system outweighs the cost it has on the flight battery performance by making sure that you're GoPro won't die mid flight. If you really don't want this option, you could probably just clip the power lead to the GoPro inside the gimbal, but I would advise against it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers