GoPro as a FPV Camera

Reaction score
Hey group,

New to the Phantom world, starting off with the FC40. I have a Hero3+ that I'd like to use as the FPV camera and not use the one that came with it, b/c the quality is crap compared to the GoPro. Is there a way to extend the wifi range of the GoPro from the FC40 so that I can go the same distance as the stock camera?

Thanks in advance.

Todd

Again, my apologies for the newbie question...so that cable will hook up and transmit to the iphone gopro app? Again, using the Phantom FC40, so this will work? The FC40 has a trasnmitter wire for video? Right now it's just coming off the camera.

I could be wrong but I think the gopro runs on 2.4 hz and it will interfere with the Phantom and potentially fly.away .

ncfitclub said:
Again, my apologies for the newbie question...so that cable will hook up and transmit to the iphone gopro app? Again, using the Phantom FC40, so this will work? The FC40 has a trasnmitter wire for video? Right now it's just coming off the camera.

No worries, we're all here to help each other out. We all started out somewhere ;) you can transmit go pro footage to any phone considering you have at least a go pro hero 3 which has wi-fi capability. All you need other than a go pro is a smart phone to download the go pro app and pair it to one another. Although this is HIGHLY risky because your Fc40 runs off of the native 2.4ghz which is identical to that of the go pros wifi. I have personally been a culprit to this and briefly lost signal. Theres many many people on this forum that have crashed and burned their multi rotor because it completely interferes and scrambles all communication from the craft. This is the MAIN REASON we build 5.8ghz FPV systems to transmit the video wirelessly to a monitor mounted on your controller. hope this helps!

I'm thinking that the FC40 and transmitter are on 5.8 GHZ.

I agree with npalen. the fc40 camera is on 2.4g wifi and the rx/tx are on 5.8ghz. i have an fc40 and not totally happy with the camera. a gopro is in my future. but is the gopro a good fpv too? i thought i read on here somewhere that it lags too but not as bad as the fc40 camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4