Gopro APP for iPhone

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I downloaded the APP to my phone the other day just to mess around with it and I always have my bluetooth on due to my car. Well I made sure to turn off BT connection on the GP before I took off. On my second flight I turned the GP back on and the WFI came back on, thought this was kinda weird so I started playing with it and noticed that as long as my phone was running the Gopro app in the background the camera was trying to connect. Once I really closed the app it wouldn't try and connect. I have resorted to not even keeping my phone in my pocket due to this. Just something to think about when it comes to fly aways.

Hi Mike - i think you are getting your Bluetooth and Wifi muddled. Your car will be bluetooth. The GoPro app uses wifi.... As far as the Phantom is concerned the Wifi on the GoPro shouldn't not be on while flying. Assuming it is the Hero3 and you have not turned the leds of, you will know the camera wifi is on via the bright flashing blue led.

The app itself when running will be trying to find the camera but that is no issue for flight. As far as phones go the only thing you should not do is leave the 'personal hotspot' on (tethering) as this turns the phone into a mini 2.4ghz router. Bluetooth is on a totally different frequency so should never interfere with the Phantom. So keys to remember:

- no blue leds on Hero
- no personal hotspot/tethering on phone

Oh and don't forget that the Wifi on the Hero stays on all the time even when the camera is off.... I disable the LEDs but have found myself accidentally turning wifi on. Worth a check every flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4