GoPro 4 won't work with Phantom 2

Reaction score
Recently I upgraded to the GoPro 4 Black. I assumed that I would be able to just plug and play into the existing setup. The signal is not coming through to my mini iOSD although the telemetry from the quad all shows up on a gray screen instead of video. Has anyone else come across this problem?

camramnky

Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D Gimbal running firmware 1.8
iOSD mini
GoPro 3 Black (works fine)
GoPro 4 Black (when installed, no signal)
5.8GHz 500Mw VideoDownlink DJI
AVL58 Tx/Rx

Make sure Wi-Fi on the GP4 is turned off. Also make sure you file some off the H3-3D gimble as the GP4 button rubs against the side.

Ross

You probably have the V1 gimbal with the GoPro port connector. GoPro changed this port and it is currently not working with 3rd party devices.

The gimbal versions with the USB cable work just fine. I haven't heard or read anything about a fix coming out for the GoPro port version gimbals.

macsgrafs said:
Make sure Wi-Fi on the GP4 is turned off. Also make sure you file some off the H3-3D gimble as the GP4 button rubs against the side.

Ross

I know there's a video out showing how to do this. However, I wouldn't necessarily say this is a MUST do. There are several people, including myself, that are flying fine with a H3-3D and Hero 4 without having to hack the gimbal. It's a tight fit, but mine works fine without having to dremel my gimbal.

derrickduff said:
You probably have the V1 gimbal with the GoPro port connector. GoPro changed this port and it is currently not working with 3rd party devices.

The gimbal versions with the USB cable work just fine. I haven't heard or read anything about a fix coming out for the GoPro port version gimbals.

This most likely the culprit. It's an easy fix. You just have to buy the USB connector from the v2 gimbal. It's a $4.00 part and all you have to do is swap the two out.

Diesel31 said:
derrickduff said:

This most likely the culprit. It's an easy fix. You just have to buy the USB connector from the v2 gimbal. It's a $4.00 part and all you have to do is swap the two out.

+1; this is likely the issue. V1 H3-3D with the 30pin connector. The part for the USB retrofit is so cheap I bought several just in case I fat-finger a dismount and break the ribbon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues