Gopro 4 troubles!

Reaction score
Hi,
Ran out bought 2 Gopro 4 BLack edition the day they came out. Not having a very good time with them. Anyone else having issues? Solutions? Got one for my Analog(5.8) bird and my lightbridge setup. Not sure witch one sucks more. lol

thanks.

omegaman1965 said:
Hi,
Ran out bought 2 Gopro 4 BLack edition the day they came out. Not having a very good time with them. Anyone else having issues? Solutions? Got one for my Analog(5.8) bird and my lightbridge setup. Not sure witch one sucks more. lol

thanks.

What trouble, you didn't say anything specific to help us... I've had my trouble with the GoPro 4: cost...

What is your trouble?

Where do I begin. it gets hot, it locks up. I can't get it to start recording. the new menu seems to be spastic. it does not like being hooked up to the original gimbal connection and a lightbridge cable at the same time. one thing after another. I guess no one has gotten them yet. I am surprised it does not have its own section on here yet. What are your issues?

Are you using approved cards for it? H4B requires a very fast write speed. If it's locking up, that might be the issue. As for the H3-3D gimbal, it's not designed for the H4B. Fortunately for some, the H4B works on the V2 H3-3D gimbal with the right counterbalance. Lightbridge issues are also known and I've heard reports that DJI and GoPro are looking into it. Finally, posts on these issues are all over the forums. You don't have to look very hard.

Thanks, I did get approved rated cards. On or off the ship it's doing weird stuff. The form factor and weight are pretty close as to not affect the gimbal at all. As I said it is the camera acting weird not the gimbal or craft. Now Im sure DJI won't approve the GP4 the need to sell us the H4-4D Im sure. What i'm asking is anyone had any luck or similar problem with the GP4 on there Phantom?
thanks for your reply.

omegaman1965 said:
Thanks, I did get approved rated cards. On or off the ship it's doing weird stuff. The form factor and weight are pretty close as to not affect the gimbal at all. As I said it is the camera acting weird not the gimbal or craft. Now Im sure DJI won't approve the GP4 the need to sell us the H4-4D Im sure. What i'm asking is anyone had any luck or similar problem with the GP4 on there Phantom?
thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have menu problems. Almost acts like I'm trying to press too many buttons at once. Strangely it seems to stop doing this when I put it in the waterproof case. It's mostly an minor annoyance as I don't use the menu's much.

Mine also gets hot, hotter than I'd like. Charging and recording. I think it is causing it to end recording early but I have an older SD card (San Disk Ultra) I've been using until a newer one comes in the mail. The manual says there is a warning for overheating but I've never seen it.

I get lockup issues, normally when powering on the camera. Right now I am assuming they are from the SD card.

If my problems persist once I get the new SD card I'll open a ticket with GoPro.

I tried to counter balance the gimbal but it wouldn't take the extra weight of even a penny and kept making a grinding like noise. I had to settle for a Chinese penny (aluminum about the size of a dime) as my maximum counter balance weight. That's really more for show than a weight.

found this on another thread on this board. we need a better way of consolidating stuf imho...

"This is from Michael R. at
GoPro Support from a post on phantom pilots forum
The HDMI signal cuts out during recording and comes back when you stop recording.
The update released today may have solved our end of the problem, but we'll need to wait for Lightbridge to release a new update to be sure. Please let me know if, when Lightbridge's software is released, it does not solve the issue."

No Michael R. we still have the same problem even with the gopro4 updated and the light bridge updated today 10/14

It looks like a no go even after both of the latest updates. Gopro4/Lightbridge

The Problem:
The gopro4 is outputting 480p sd on the hdmi out when you press the record button and start recording on the go pro 4, with the new resolutions. Before the recording is started the hdmi output is 1080p.

This 480p sd output problem is in the 2.7k 48fps mode the 2.7k 30 fps works fine its 1080p after the recording starts.

This 480p sd output problem is in the 4k 30fpsfps mode the 4.k 15 fps works fine its 1080p after the recording starts

This 480p sd output problem is in the 1080p 120fps mode the 1080p 30 and 60 fps works fine its 1080p after the recording starts.

Why in the world is this working like this, this has got to be a mistake that I hope gets fixed quickly . We can't record with the news cool resolutions until this gets fixed.

I don't want to sugar coat this problem but this just SUCKS for us Lightbridge guys.

Come on Gopro/DJI Pleas fix this. I think this is 90% Gopros problem

Sad Times

Make sure the side button is free (if it is even slightly depressed by gimbal it will show multiple info on display and won't turn on ,it looks like it is frozen). The coin at the back of the gimbal doesn't work ;the gimbal has to be balanced sideways and back as well,the GP4 requirers balancing it is 12 gr. heavier.
I designed adjustable lever balancer with 30 degree span for my GP4 to be able to balance camera facing forward and tilted ,and if shade or filter is added it is easy to readjust

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj