GoPro 3D?

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to make 3D video using two GoPros strapped to their Phantom?

If so, how did you mount them?

It's been done :)

I can't dig up the threads, but I suggest you search the forum or you tube for 3d phantom video . . .

I'll give you a hint, the user who done it was martcerv!

Driffill said:

I can't dig up the threads, but I suggest you search the forum or you tube for 3d phantom video . . .

Martincerv is also one of the resident gurus on GoPro forums. Pretty talented fellow with good in depth explanations.

peter nap said:
Driffill said:

Martincerv is also one of the resident gurus on GoPro forums. Pretty talented fellow with good in depth explanations.

+1

His set up was using hero3 cameras, and all syncing etc had to be done manually, quite an incredible task!

Yea I did do a bit of 3D using a pair of hero 3 blacks and a custom mount, all manually synced and also manually adjusted into 3D format. The GoPro 3d setup only works with hero 1 and 2 cams and those in the housing may be getting a little heavy for a phantom.

No way of getting 2 gopro's on a gimbal which would be ideal :mrgreen: but maybe I will try that on my next larger multi build.

Here is how I had mine mounted

tbiz.jpg

Here is a video trying it out, you may need to view at youtubes site for 3d options as the embed may not work properly with 3d format videos.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9t50dLsa3A[/youtube]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31