Gopro 3 over FC-40

Reaction score
anybody tried putting a gopro intend of the FC-40?
Im not trying to go FPV.All I want is to Stream it using wifi like the FC-40 BUT with better resolution.
BTW most of my use is for aerial filming.
Im open to different ideas.

I'm using go pro in lieu of the FC40 camera if that's what you mean. Not sure of your question.

I'm using a hero3+ The wifi lag and overall distance is about the same as the fc40 cam. The hero3+ has a much better response time than the hero3, so keep that in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see a lag of about one second with the hero 3+ and it's about the same with iphone4 and kindle fire HDX with dual wifi.

Mpower60195 said:
I guess my only option is to go with hero3+ then. I'm wondering how much lag ison the hero3?

2 - 3 second lag with hero 3+ and my galaxy note 2

I actually velcro my FC40 cam to my battery cover and use the FPV from that. The gopro lag is pretty bad

Woow 3 secs is a lot. Is that a silver ed or black ed?
I like the idea of attaching the fc cam on the door but I'm trying to be as light as possible cuz I'm only getting about 10-11 mins using the 2700 mad dog and having the walkera gimbal and fc cam

**** I thought I could get the same lag time as the fc cam by using the 3+.
Any suggestions on what to do here? I gotta a weeding
That I'm gonna be filming but I need a Better quality
Than the fc cam.

Mpower60195 said:
**** I thought I could get the same lag time as the fc cam by using the 3+.
Any suggestions on what to do here? I gotta a weeding
That I'm gonna be filming but I need a Better quality
Than the fc cam.

with a gimbal/gopro, fc40 cam, maddog battery and vision props, I get around 9 min of flight time.

I dont think removing the FC40 will give me another 2 minute honestly.
And I'm not entirely sure you can view your wifi video while it records. I dont know for sure, however, when using time lapse, it turns off the video on your phone and says "busy" until you stop the time lapse.

So its more of a positioning type thing

I am very happy with the quality of my fc-40 camera, it records good clear videos, for what it is. But I don't do (weedings)?

What I did with my FC40 is that I padded the upper part of the battery door a bit more so the camera angles down slightly (if you dont pad it, the camera will look up because the door is slanted)

The end result gives a pretty accurate POV for lining up the gopro.
One big limitation is when you control the pitch. You obviously cant see below you, only in front.

I'm gonna be using the pitch control probably for most of the shooting. Looks like the only choice I have to use tx receiver to stream video. Do you guys know or have a light setup of that?

Mpower60195 said:
I'm gonna be using the pitch control probably for most of the shooting. Looks like the only choice I have to use tx receiver to stream video. Do you guys know or have a light setup of that?

if you arent looking for distance and just need lining up shots, go to readymaderc.com
I think they have a cheap kit that does just that. However, I would submit a ticket and ask about connecting the gopro and using it as your main camera. I think there are a few extra pieces you will need.

dragonash said:
Mpower60195 said:

if you arent looking for distance and just need lining up shots, go to readymaderc.com
I think they have a cheap kit that does just that. However, I would submit a ticket and ask about connecting the gopro and using it as your main camera. I think there are a few extra pieces you will need.
That's exactly what I need, something not far.
I'll check out the site once I get home and check it out and will get back.
I love my fc-40 but I'm starting to think why didn't I get the vision+, oh well.

I looked up readymaderc and did not find a package that includes a monitor and most of them were 5.8G.
I'll keep on looking to see a nice and not too expensive setup.

Nice. I'll definitely ask them about it and see what's best for what I needed for.
Will get back to you on this one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20