Gopro 3 black FPV owners, quick question

Reaction score
I have DJI Tx Rx setup for FPV, but when I connect my usb cable from the Gopro black to the FPV Tx nothing on the GoPro changes and I'm not getting any video on the Rx.

What is typically supposed to happen to the gopro with a good usb FPV cable connection? It looks like on some youtube videos I might see a menu change to "play" if the FPV cable is working correctly. Is there also some sort of flashing light with an FPV cable connection? Any ideas whats wrong? I don't have to tell the gopro to output to the usb connection right? Should just be plug and auto output? I have a gopro2 and the output cable works fine with the setup I have so I know its not a Tx Rx problem. For the gopro2 I don't have to setup anything I just plug in the 2.5mm cable into the gopro and hook it to the FPV Tx and I'm golden.

Any insight?

Thanks in advance

When I connect USB to my GP3 black, since USB is also charging the camera, if the camera is on, I see the battery icon showing up that is on charge, if the camera is off then the red charging led will be on. I guess if your USB it is just for taking the video out (not power lead) nothing will change on the GP3 black, but I may be wrong.

Thanks, yes when charging with the USB port I also get the battery indicator so I know the USB port works to some extent. Just wondering if the video out on the USB port causes some new display or light or other indication or whether I need to trigger it somehow. Can't figure out where else to start troubleshooting this asides from buying another USB cable for my video Tx.

stevez32 said:
Thanks, yes when charging with the USB port I also get the battery indicator so I know the USB port works to some extent. Just wondering if the video out on the USB port causes some new display or light or other indication or whether I need to trigger it somehow. Can't figure out where else to start troubleshooting this asides from buying another USB cable for my video Tx.

Stevez32 according to what I know the USB cable to feed VTX for GP3 is different than the GP2. My guess is that you may have then the wrong one.

I do not have GP2 but I do remember looking for my cable that there were some cables saying GP2.

Something to check

Thanks, yes they do have different cables, the GoPro 2 uses a 2.5mm video out plug not usb. I believe I have an issue with my usb cable on the GoPro3, but still not sure whether there is a setting on the GoPro3 that gets me up and running. With the GoPro2 its plug and go on the 2.5mm cable and everything just works.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20