Google Play services enabled or disabled on Android?

Reaction score
The DJI app which is showing the FPV display can go very jerky and slow, does the Google Play services app have anything to do with this? Should I have it enabled or disabled for best results for the pilot app to work right. I still cannot figure out why my FPV on my Galaxy Tab 4 all of a sudden started doing this.

I just looked up your question on Google.
Everything points to NO don't do it.
More trouble than you mite expect and it will be back on in a short period of time. Seems APPs use it for API's and the like.

Have you cleaned the cache?
That's all I have... Hope that answered some of your question.

The DJI app which is showing the FPV display can go very jerky and slow, does the Google Play services app have anything to do with this? Should I have it enabled or disabled for best results for the pilot app to work right. I still cannot figure out why my FPV on my Galaxy Tab 4 all of a sudden started doing this.

The best option is downgrade to older version. On 5.x.x.x is working fine.
Map will not work if you disable, but everything will be fine if you downgrade it.

The best option is downgrade to older version. On 5.x.x.x is working fine.
Map will not work if you disable, but everything will be fine if you downgrade it.
No, the best option is to Upgrade to latest version 8.1.1.5 that works like a charm with smooth fpv without disable video cache and so on.

No, the best option is to Upgrade to latest version 8.1.1.5 that works like a charm with smooth fpv without disable video cache and so on.

What is your tablet CPU consumption with latest Google Play Services VS disabled?

I've never disabled play services because maps would stop to work in that case. But I've no battery drain related to play services using the latest one and that's the important thing

I agree. Everything works perfect with 8.1.15. Before the update to this version I had to downgrade google services on my nexus 5. Now it works smooth.

Video lag is connected with sattelites and Google Play Services.
More sattelites = more lag.

If you disable or downgrade google play services CPU consumption will be 30% lower and video lag will gone.
You can test it by Cool Tool software (cpu usage).
If you downgrade map will work.

I tested it about one week ago and 'lastest' Google Play Services still caused a stuttering, however i do not remember a version.

I see here two people who claim it work with 8.1.15, Could you test it (check CPU load on cool tool), with disabled and with active google play service?
(you need to get about 15 satellites fixed to make a good test).
When 8.1.15 was released?

UPDATE:
I made a test.
With fw 1.4.10, DJI go 2.2 and Google Play Services 8.1.15 there is no video lag and cpu overload.

Last edited:
I am using fw 1.4.10, DJI go 2.2 and Google play services 8.1.15 and I am getting occasional video lag with a nexus 7 (2013). I do not want to downgrade Google play services instead I'll stop as many other processes/notifications to see if this solves the issue.

I'm running DJI Go 2.3 & Play Services 8.1.18 on my Nexus 5 (Android 6.0) and have zero issues - in fact, more stable than my iPad Air / iOS 9 set-up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj