Google Maps - offline?

Reaction score
I realize you can get offline maps by being online and swiping around (seen the video) but Google just recently re-introduced "offline maps" where you can actually download an area (limited of course.) Anyone know if DJI will be utilizing this capability in their next release? I checked and apparently they're not (I downloaded a fairly large area but it doesn't show in the DJI app.) Would be nice if I could utilize it within DJI as well as Google Maps app on my wi-fi only tablet.

We (Hivemapper) recently introduced proper offline 3D maps for the DJI Phantom / Inspire. It works exactly like Google Maps offline maps experience, except you get 3D map data in many areas throughout the US.

You have to fly with the Hivemapper app (3rd party app) - Fly with Hivemapper for DJI - Android Apps on Google Play -- which has most of the photo and video capabilities that the Go App has plus 3D map data so you know your true height above ground (YouTube demo).

full

I thought DJI Go uses the google maps API, so why can't it access the offline maps? Pokemon Go can do that.
Someone please tell DJI to add this feature, even if I had a tablet with mobile internet I would want to turn it off to reduce signal interference, so offline maps are really a must have.

Ok Thanks. I have a P2V so I guess I will have to wait until it crashes and burns or something...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31