Google Maps Offline

Reaction score
I've been lurking around here for a while, I don't have a quad yet but I did purchase an Ipad mini 2 non cell in preparation for the big day. I brought this issue up previously but never got it resolved. I've downloaded an area map no problem, when I go to my downloads I click on "offline areas" then in the upper left of the screen I see the 2 areas I've DL'd I click on the name of the area I want to view and when I click on it the area in question a small map opens showing the area in the upper left, my problem is there is no way to pop that little map open so I'm stumped? If it helps to know the area on the right has my current area map which I am able to view ok but not the other area that won't open and enlarge. To be fair I was once able to view a downloaded area offline properly but I don't know how I got there, I even went in to best buy today and asked the apple guys and they couldn't figure it out either.
Any help folks? Thanks

On iOS device, you can't download offline maps using Google map app. You have to use DJI Go app and connect to your drone. Once it's connected, switch back to your home Wifi and tap the map rectangle and go to the area you intend to fly. Zoom in if you want the details.

But if you just want to download Google maps so you can view offline (nothing to do with the drone), here are the instructions.
Download and use offline areas - Maps for mobile Help

Last edited:
As I said I have no problem downloading google maps ONLINE for a specific area, when I click on the name of the map I downloaded and named when I click on the map name it opens in a small map on the upper left of the screen. Under that little map window there's 2 buttons delete and update. As I mentioned I once was able to open the map to full screen, now I can't figure it out. There's tons of info on how to DL google maps I just can't find info on how to enlarge them from the little icon of the map in the upper left corner of the screen.
Thanks though

Last edited:
Sorry I misunderstood your issue, which has nothing to do with the drone. I just tried to save 2 different areas myself and saw exactly what you described. It seems like you can only update or delete the saved maps after clicking on the name of the saved map. It does not go to full screen if you tap on it.

But if you go back to the main map, which is in full screen, search for something that belongs to the saved map and it will show up and you can zoom in and out just like you have data connection. Or you can just go to the areas that you saved in the map and you can see all the details as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik