Google Cardboard style Headset + Litchi = Great FPV Flying

Reaction score
I got this headset off eBay a few months ago to use with Google Cardboard.

It works awesome with Litchi and gives a great image since it uses my Note 4s screen.

Cost less than $20 and gives a cool perspective without spending a lot on a dedicated pair of googles. Granted a separate HDMI fed FPV headset would give you more options and better control, it's not a bad for the price.

Attachments

• 1454184237017.jpg
    1454184237017.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,077
  • 1454184247446.jpg
    1454184247446.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 901
  • 1454184254708.jpg
    1454184254708.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,051
Reactions: bernek
Does it work with Go App?

It works awesome with Litchi and gives a great image since it uses my Note 4s screen.

Cost less than $20 and gives a cool perspective without spending a lot on a dedicated pair of googles. Granted a separate HDMI fed FPV headset would give you more options and better control, it's not a bad for the price.
I have a google cardboard headset but it is for virtual reality and distorts the screen if its not a google cardboard app :(

Does it work with Go App?
no, you need the litchi app for the VR mode ... it splits the screen in two .

yes i have the same setup.... litchi app, vr goggles and a note 4... its very immersive, the head track for the gimbal tilt its great, and for its price, there is nothing to complain about.

I'm using a similar setup with Litch for P2V with VRBOX (cardboard style goggles but plastic with headbands) and a HTC 530. It works wonderfull at 640x480 15 or 30 fps. Will have to check range performance for 30 fps still :)

Cool, how about a link?

These are the glasses that I use: Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

I hope the link will work :) and for the display of the phone you shouldn't really go above 1280x720 at 5.5-6 inches since the P2V resolution output to DJI VISION or Litchi is only 640x480 :)

The quality isn't HD beware tho :) at 480 vertical lines is a little under 625 lines PAL signal ... but it has no blending like analog systems its clear image and if the stream quality from the P2V or P2V+ is nice then you can fly with it and have fun :)

What other apps did you try with the goggles ? I haven't seem to find any that works with P2V Cardboard VR MODE (SBS) ... The Litchi app is great but it does unwanted optical correction to image and I would prefer just simple SBS images to be shown on my HTC screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20