Google cardboard for fpv

Reaction score
So I recently purchased a Google cardboard, and I was wondering y'alls opinion on using it for fpv (with the drone vr app). What do y'all think about using vr goggles for fpv, and also do you have any suggestions for other apps for fpv with vr goggles?

Also, do you have any suggestions for cheap fpv goggles?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tried it for the first time a few days ago. You must use it with litchi because DJIGO app doesn't support it. I didn't care for it. The biggest thing was the camera control with the head movements. I know somehow you can disable it, but I didn't figure that out yet. If you were in an open space that you know there are no trees around it might work but you better take it off and have your eyes on it when taking off and landing.

I used the Mattel vr view master goggles and my galaxy note 4.

With Litichi you are 100000000% you can VR with a Phantom 3 STANDARD? Sorry just want to be 10000000000% sure before i purchase the app.

It definitely worked for me and I have the standard. The only thing I really didn't like is the fact that when you move your head up and down the camera moves also. It scared the crap out of me because I thought there was something wrong with my camera when it was sitting on the ground. But it definitely worked

So you just put your phone in your VR headset... with litchi open(im assuming go to the VR section in app) and boom it works?

If you wait until tomorrow I will get it connected to my standard and post a short video.

Let us know how you like it. I found the Mattel vr view master goggles at Walmart for $15 and added a strap to hold them on. I plan on trying them again, but didn't have my lanyard on the transmitter to help hold it when I went to take the goggles off and it was just awkward. I hope you have a better experience than I did. I figure it is more of a novelty thing.

Do you happen to know if you can program the shutter button from the appication to a bluetooth controller? (external button)

Do you happen to know if you can program the shutter button from the appication to a bluetooth controller? (external button)
that I have no idea about. If using the goggles I figured I would let litchi just record video and use VLC to take a snapshot from the video. I have litchi set to auto record on liftoff.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj