Goodluckbuy VISION gimbals

I have the 2nd half of the cable with the plug I dont use. Send me a pm and ill send it to you if you are interested

Thanks for the offer, hopefully some will arrive here today :D

Do you have two of the NAZA wires connected to the gimbal - which pins ?

I presume FC_Pitch is one (the bottom one) but does it need another - hasn't it got power already ?

PhantomKid said:
Do you have two of the NAZA wires connected to the gimbal - which pins ?

I presume FC_Pitch is one (the bottom one) but does it need another - hasn't it got power already ?

Yes its the bottom one marked FC-pitch on the gimbal and goes to the blue wire (picture below) and into the Naza (marked F2) bottom pin.
I don't use middle pin F2 on Naza (+) but the top Pin which is the ground - don't think you need it but it might take some noise out - this goes to the upper most pin on the gimbal.

CONNECTION.jpg

Well, cable arrived and it fits perfectly !

Attached the bottom wire (FC pitch) to the original Orange Vision wire, nothing else, and it rolls via the DJI APP.

Connected the second one up (FC Roll) and it pitches beautifully - again via the APP.

So, super pleased now and thanks for all the help and advice !!

PhantomKid said:
Well, cable arrived and it fits perfectly !

Attached the bottom wire (FC pitch) to the original Orange Vision wire, nothing else, and it rolls via the DJI APP.

Connected the second one up (FC Roll) and it pitches beautifully - again via the APP.

So, super pleased now and thanks for all the help and advice !!

Can you upload a picture of the cables u connected?, I got it today full of cables and no instrccions!

That's how they come . . . but this thread helped me through it with much help from Luap.

The cable that I was missing (and I presume you are too) is a JST SH (1mm) type.

I plugged that into the tilt/pitch control on the gimbal and I twisted the 'original' Orange wire to the lead that went to the pitch pin (as marked on the board). The camera rolled :(

I tried again with the roll pin and it pitched - so I cut the other three off.

You will also need something to stop the thick white Vision cable from affecting the gimbal - some sort of spiral extension :?:

Attachments

• JSTSH.jpg
    JSTSH.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 945
  • Cable.jpg
    Cable.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 976
PhantomKid said:
That's how they come . . . but this thread helped me through it with much help from Luap.

The cable that I was missing (and I presume you are too) is a JST SH (1mm) type.

I plugged that into the tilt/pitch control on the gimbal and I twisted the 'original' Orange wire to the lead that went to the pitch pin (as marked on the board). The camera rolled :(

I tried again with the roll pin and it pitched - so I cut the other three off.

You will also need something to stop the thick white Vision cable from affecting the gimbal - some sort of spiral extension :?:

Yeap, looking for a JST SH (1mm) at the moment.

Is the spiral cable any special extension? or did u use a regular audio extension?

Is the spiral cable any special extension? or did u use a regular audio extension?

The Vision camera is a 4 pole so you need to replicate that - it's the same as an iPhone jack, hope that helps.

What are those flashing leds on the gimbal motor?
Your PID seem quite low.
Also your sensor axis shows Z and I have -Z. You might want to test that out first.
I don't know how you connected the pitch but check that in the Phantom 2 assistant software your Gimbal Gain and Pirch are set to 0.
Check you have no wires binding when pitching. Good luck!
My current settings as follows:
gimbal%20setting.jpg

Luap said:
Your PID seem quite low.
Also your sensor axis shows Z and I have -Z. You might want to test that out first.
I don't know how you connected the pitch but check that in the Phantom 2 assistant software your Gimbal Gain and Pirch are set to 0.

Thanks a lot for you input. I will certainly try your tips and post my results. Those flashing leds are just something I put there for orientation purposes. Have one on the other motor also. You can adjust colours, blinking speed and so on.

Best reg.

pureandrustic said:
Luap said:
Your PID seem quite low.

Thanks a lot for you input. I will certainly try your tips and post my results. Those flashing leds are just something I put there for orientation purposes. Have one on the other motor also. You can adjust colours, blinking speed and so on.

Best reg.

I made most of the settings similar, but still having the pitch problem. I changed the Axis top to -Z, but then after doing a calibration the pitch displayed to be upside down, so I changed it back to Z. You can see from the video below that the behaviour is different, but still looks like it's struggeling a lot to get it into level for some reason. I appriciate any feedback.

http://youtu.be/O-gumBRmXU4

Best reg.

Have you tried the gimbal by disabling rc pitch?
If not remove your pitch plug from the Gimbal.
Under RC settings in the simple BGC under roll and pitch change to no input in rc-roll and no input in rc-pitch.
Your IMU (picture below) has to be 100% fixed to the board (it shouldn't wiggle at all)
P1070426.jpg

All the cables should be free and not binding at all when you move the gimbal around unpowered.
Now power the gimbal and check whehter it works.

If its still behaving strangly try a 6 point calibration. Remove the connectors to the servo motors and plug the USB (as per video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNrUNJOb4tY

When you've done IMU calibration check if pitch roll are behaving ok when you move the IMU sensor by looking at the gauges on simpleBGC software.

Place back the IMU sensor and connect motors and check again if it works-

Have you tried it without that filter etc on the front - too much weight ???

Scrub that - just 'added' some weight and it seems to cope just fine . . .

Luap, the tilt of the FC200 via the APP takes awhile to catch up - you release the on-screen button and it carries on.

Do you know which setting in the gimbal software might change that a bit ?

PhantomKid said:
Luap, the tilt of the FC200 via the APP takes awhile to catch up - you release the on-screen button and it carries on.

Do you know which setting in the gimbal software might change that a bit ?

Try increasing the I setting of the PID for the pitch. That will increase the speed of the pitch motor.

Luap said:
Have you tried the gimbal by disabling rc pitch?
If not remove your pitch plug from the Gimbal.
Under RC settings in the simple BGC under roll and pitch change to no input in rc-roll and no input in rc-pitch.
Your IMU (picture below) has to be 100% fixed to the board (it shouldn't wiggle at all)
All the cables should be free and not binding at all when you move the gimbal around unpowered.
Now power the gimbal and check whehter it works.

If its still behaving strangly try a 6 point calibration. Remove the connectors to the servo motors and plug the USB (as per video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNrUNJOb4tY

When you've done IMU calibration check if pitch roll are behaving ok when you move the IMU sensor by looking at the gauges on simpleBGC software.

Place back the IMU sensor and connect motors and check again if it works-

Hi

A bit late feedback here as I fried the central circuit board by ejecting the jack extension while the phantom was powered on, so I had to soldier a bit to get power back to the gimbal. So while waiting for the new boards I've worked on this gimbal again, but it seems to be no hope to fix this problem even with the good support I received here from Luap.

I have taken out the plug for pitch to the gimbal, I've also set pitch and roll to no input under RC settings in the BGC software.
My IMU is already 100% fixed like it was when I got the gimbal. I can see you have mounted yours the up-side down compared to mine, which explains the Z and -Z.

I removed the camera, unscrewed the metal part with the IMU and performed the six point calibration and wrote it to memory. I did this with the motors disconnected.

I then screwed things back and connected the motors and supplied power. Still the same problem. I don't know if you Luap, or anyone else has other suggestions, but I start to think that the pitch motor might be broken.

Pictures: http://1drv.ms/1tiKlfv
Video: http://youtu.be/w6-B1SRKvuU

Did you try without the filter as suggested by Phantomkid?
Maybe its too heavy for the pitch motor.

From where are you powering the Gimbal from (you shouldn't use the connector that initially powered the servo to power the gimbal)? If you have a 3S Lipo pack try using that as power source.

If that doesn't work try increasing the power of pitch on the right hand side of the basic tabs incrementally by 10. But be careful not to set too high values or you'll fry the motor. Check the manual at basecamelectronics.com/downloads/8bit/

Wow just saw the pictures - Number 6/7 looks very sad. I wouldn't want my Phantom to be that way :cry:

Luap said:
Did you try without the filter as suggested by Phantomkid?
Maybe its too heavy for the pitch motor.

Yes, I've tried without that. The filter has almost no weight at all, so I didn't expect this to help.

Luap said:
From where are you powering the Gimbal from (you shouldn't use the connector that initially powered the servo to power the gimbal)? If you have a 3S Lipo pack try using that as power source.

I connected it directly to the phantoms central circuit board, using the battery from the phantom. After I fried that board, I've been using a 3S lipo I had.

Luap said:
If that doesn't work try increasing the power of pitch on the right hand side of the basic tabs incrementally by 10. But be careful not to set too high values or you'll fry the motor. Check the manual at basecamelectronics.com/downloads/8bit/

I've tried this before also without any success. I checked the manual thought, and in the bottom it has a problems and solutions section suggesting error in motor windings or broken phase for my problem. I contacted the ebay seller to convince him to send me a new pitch motor, but he wants me to send it to china for testing instead. As that would take years I will just order a new pitch motor instead and see if that solves the issue. Does anyone know exactly which 2208 motor that has been used for pitch on this gimbal?

Luap said:
Wow just saw the pictures - Number 6/7 looks very sad. I wouldn't want my Phantom to be that way :cry:
I don't like that sight neither. Hope to get the new CCB soon so I can put it back together.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic