Goodluckbuy gimble question

Reaction score
Looking for a gimble but don't want to break the bank. Been looking at this gimble:

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-phantom- ... raphy.html

The only thing that I am concerned about is the note about it does not come with a pitch control cable. Does it have pitch control capabilities and just needs a cable? Where can I get a cable?

I have the Phantom v1.1.1 and would like to use the pitch control. So if this isnt the right gimble, which one should I go with?

-Brad

This is not a bad gimbal, but you can find it cheaper on eBay, and i dont recommend ordering from Goodluckbuy... I had some problems in the past with them...

Any that don't come from China - IE: GoodLuckBuy & others. (unless you have months to fine tune) I had one it was "bare-able" but not stable. Sometimes level, sometimes it would lean - never consistent. Do yourself a favor, save your coin and buy a good one.

EMCSQUAR said:
Any that don't come from China - IE: GoodLuckBuy & others. (unless you have months to fine tune) I had one it was "bare-able" but not stable. Sometimes level, sometimes it would lean - never consistent. Do yourself a favor, save your coin and buy a good one.

This is not a bad gimgal, i already tested one and its pretty nice, other say the same, search on rcgroups...

But if you want better go for a Zenmuse or Tarot T-2D...

Does anyone currently know of a U.S. based seller with Tarot Gimbals (complete) In Stock and ready to ship?

I have been searching as well and all I can find is import options on the eBay and tarot models... seems like the tarot reputation is better but I've found more reviews from the eBay options.

can any gimbal be hooked up for tilt control or do you need one specifically for tilt?

I'm pretty lost....cant tell the difference between one to the next. they all seem to be the same to me

You should be able to set (on eBay) to only show results from within the country. I bought a tarot from goodlucksell on eBay, once it arrived the PCB board has some components falling off it so I had to email back and forth . . . But I can understand that goodlucksell doesn't make these so my one could have wound up in anyone's hands from any seller, in USA Australia UK or china!

As for gimbals with external pitch control, I'll guess that most brushless gimbals will have this feature, it's pretty common now. Getting it connected and working correctly isn't always as simple as the seller makes out, but at the same time it's not to hard to figure out either by googling for others who have succeeded in doing it.

Once I received a new main controller board for my gimbal, setting it up was easier than I had built it up to be from reading all the "how do I connect the 7th channel on the phantom to the tarot" posts. I found a site that had a "walkthru" of how to update and connect the pitch for the tarot gimbal.

Driffill said:
You should be able to set (on eBay) to only show results from within the country.

thats what I have been doing. Found quite a few for under or around $100, but i cant tell which is better/different than the next. They all say the same thing in the description.

As for gimbals with external pitch control, I'll guess that most brushless gimbals will have this feature, it's pretty common now. Getting it connected and working correctly isn't always as simple as the seller makes out, but at the same time it's not to hard to figure out either by googling for others who have succeeded in doing it.

ok, thanks for the info. ill go back to googling as much as i can before i purchase one.

I have this specific gimbal, from this specific vendor: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... rid=229466

The unit came and works as advertised, and is a fairly decent quality piece. The gimbal I linked to by that vendor uses the simple BGC (alexmos simple basic gimbal control) (firmware version 2.0b3 with the .0b4 update) as it is supposed to be more stable (that is subjective, but my experiences are good thus far)

Here you can find all the info and firmware, and gui and you can backtrack to learn all about this device which is sold under a myriad of names and form factors, but essentially are all the same ****, just in a different stall.
http://www.basecamelectronics.com/downloads/

There is a usb port on the one I linked, and should be on any other as well- this is where you can adjust, and tweak the gimbal prior, or in isolation from the naza (bar the pitch function or tilt as that needs to be set up via naza)

Now- I am no expert or even above rank amateur- but I found all of this through self searching as I have come up in this hobby these past 6 months. All documentation is there- all schematics and manuals as well.

I ended up going with this gimbal....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261360452122

Reason I did is because it was one of the few sellers who actually state what controller board they use. This one uses a SimpleBGC (now known as basecam) which seem to have good reviews.

I will post a review and such once I get it and let you guys know what I think.

EDIT: Also I went with this seller because they were located in the states.

BradSCJB said:

Reason I did is because it was one of the few sellers who actually state what controller board they use. This one uses a SimpleBGC (now known as basecam) which seem to have good reviews.

Just curious if you ever received this and what your initial thoughts are?

Bunger said:
BradSCJB said:

Just curious if you ever received this and what your initial thoughts are?

Nope. I ordered it 12/27 and have yet to receive it. I needed it to shoot an event yesterday too. Very disappointed. Tracking info is screwy too (see attachment) I think its still coming from China, they are just using a middle man in Los Angeles to get more US sales. Oh well, I will just sit and wait for it to show up. I won't be leaving a positive feedback on eBay either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-05-08-21-02.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-05-08-21-02.png
    183.8 KB · Views: 299
USPS tracking information is always wonky. I don't think I have ever seen it accurately track a package, which is annoying.

I just re-reviewed the ebay listing and they estimate 3-8 business days for shipping, so I guess given the holidays you may not see it until the end of this week. Which sucks.

Would you post a review once you receive it?

Bunger said:
USPS tracking information is always wonky. I don't think I have ever seen it accurately track a package, which is annoying.

I just re-reviewed the ebay listing and they estimate 3-8 business days for shipping, so I guess given the holidays you may not see it until the end of this week. Which sucks.

Would you post a review once you receive it?

I was planning on it. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20