Goodluckbuy Gimble not staying level with horizon

Reaction score
When I fire everything up, the gimbal is nice and level, but as soon as I take off it tilts to the left. I originally thought that this might be an issue with the calibration on the gimbal, but now I'm starting to think otherwise.

When the gimbal isn't powered on, it doesn't sit level with the gopro on it (not balanced). It has the same tilt to the left. I'm starting to think that it may be related to the fact that I have a right-angle plug into the gopro - which forces the gopro to sit a little to the left on the gimbal - and now I'm thinking this might be where the whole issue is.

I haven't been able to find a nice 'low profile' cable that would allow the gopro to sit better on the gimbal. Does anyone know where a person could find one? This is the one I have:

http://www.rotorquest.com/product_info.php?products_id=102649

Or, is it possible to adjust the gains or whatever on the gimbal itself to help compensate for this?

I found with mine the sensor on the bottom of the gimbal (where you attach the camera) wasn't sitting correctly. I then carefully removed it and peeled away the silicone. Next I created some shims to put between the gimbal and sensor until I got the angle correct and everything was level. Finally resiliconed the sensor.

do you have the brushless gimbal cost about 60$?If yes i have the same...you must do anything but correct the values for pitch and roll

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9505 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

brandon1515 said:
I found with mine the sensor on the bottom of the gimbal (where you attach the camera) wasn't sitting correctly. I then carefully removed it and peeled away the silicone. Next I created some shims to put between the gimbal and sensor until I got the angle correct and everything was level. Finally resiliconed the sensor.

Thanks. I'll double-check it, but I think it's probably pretty close to level. The gimbal is perfectly level when first started, but as soon as you lift off, it 'sags' to the left.

bmw330vasilis said:
do you have the brushless gimbal cost about 60$?If yes i have the same...you must do anything but correct the values for pitch and roll

I paid around $100 for it back in December, but it's probably the same one. Sorry, but are you saying that I can go into SimpleBGC and adjust the values for pitch and roll?

yes

correct!

first you must download the software and the drivers for it

you must connect it with o micro usb

make the calibrate for gyro

put the values

and then open Assistand software put the values for it and make a calibration too

bmw330vasilis said:
yes

correct!

first you must download the software and the drivers for it

you must connect it with o micro usb

make the calibrate for gyro

put the values

and then open Assistand software put the values for it and make a calibration too

I've ran the calibrations in the SimpleBGC software before, but which values do you think need to be changed to correct the 'roll' to try and keep it level? Do you have any recommended values?

Also, I was thought that any of the settings in the Assistant software had nothing to do with the gimbal (except for the channel 7 slider) - as these gimbals are 'self-sufficient' and don't use any of the data from the Naza?

naza software and SimpleBGC work toghether.Check the values for them.Put the same with the photos and try your gimbal again.

to correct the level you must first calibrate your gimbal.have you done it?

Yes do all the calibrations especially accelerometer . I use a spirit level ( bubble level ). Once you hit that button onscreen you only a few seconds to to hold the camera platform level.
Its possible that the accelerometer is faulty. They are cheap to purchase though or contact goodluckbuy and its possible they will send a free one to try.

I have done both of the calibration several times and the gimbal is level until I start flying. I'm thinking that maybe it's something like a gain issue where because the GoPro is sitting a little to the left on the gimbal (because of the video out cable), that it might take a little more 'gain' to keep it level.

I'll open up SimpleBGC and start messing around I guess and see if I can find something that works.

Ok, I tried your settings that I found in another thread (where you had posted a bunch of screenshots), and it made it worse. I played around with a few of the settings, but couldn't seem to find anything that would adjust the roll in real time (or even after hitting the 'Write' button) - which I think is strange. There's gotta be a way to simply adjust the roll. Am I overlooking something?

I only have the single wire for pitch hooked up to the Naza, so I assume any of the Follow Mode stuff is irrelevant - as is most of the settings in any of the Advanced tab within SimpleBGC. Also, because I only have the pitch wire hooked up, I'm assuming that the Assistant software would be irrelevant as well because it's only dealing with the pitch of the gimbal (which I have set up and working just fine).

Does anyone have a profile from SimpleBGC that they could share that works for them? Or can anyone point me in the right direction on how to correct the roll? Flying FPV with the tilt in the gimbal sucks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20