Goodluckbuy gimbal *this thing is crap. dont waste your time

Re: Goodluckbuy gimbal *this thing is crap. dont waste your

I'm going to make a new bottom arm from aluminium and give it another go.

Noel, Thanks for your report. I'm bummed out, on the results, but I do like a challenge. Apparently I'll have a good one soon, when mine arrives in the mail later this week.

My plan of attack:

1. Power the gimbal directly at the connector of the battery plug in the quad for best current capability or maybe a separate battery pack if voltage to the gimbal needs something higher than a 3C pack.
2. With the power off to the gimbal, I want to add/shift weight so that the first axis (arm) is balanced.
3. With the power off to the gimbal, add/shift weight on/of the camera on it's mount so it is balanced on the 2nd axis it pivots on.
4. Balance the entire quad itself with the gimbal powered by suspending it in the air with a string at the center of the top of the quad.

Q: Being new to gimbals - Does the sensor board of the gimbal control board need to be centered on both of the axis pivot points so the control board knows exactly where level is of both axis pivot center points?

Other than the above, if this doesn't work, I wonder what others think, IE: do we try different motors, or a different control board?

BTW: Has anyone had any luck getting a refund? - I did purchase via Ebay so hopefully there will be a chance.

Noël said:

Noel, Do you think it's merely a flex issue with the camera mounting arm? If that is the case, I wonder if a 3D printed mount from the P2V gimbal on thingiverse would resolve the issue?

Noël said:
There are the setting I received: Camera must be balanced to work. Good Luck Buyer :)

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 331
  • settings2.jpg
    settings2.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 336
  • settings3.jpg
    settings3.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 317

AllanVB said:
Noël said:
There are the setting I received: Camera must be balanced to work. Good Luck Buyer :)

did you balance your camera? got it working?

tizzl10 said:
AllanVB said:
Noël said:

did you balance your camera? got it working?
On the bench.... waiting to fly... :) I superglued the two back camera mounts .... the camera has to be balanced correctly... (1 mount each in the front... 2 mounts each in the rear)

did you balance your camera? got it working?[/quote]
On the bench.... waiting to fly... :) I superglued the two back camera mounts .... the camera has to be balanced correctly... (1 mount each in the front... 2 mounts each in the rear)[/quote]

the two back camera mounts? im lost..can you take a picture? im interested to see you getting this thing working.

tizzl10 said:
did you balance your camera? got it working? On the bench.... waiting to fly... :) I superglued the two back camera mounts .... the camera has to be balanced correctly... (1 mount each in the front... 2 mounts each in the rear)

the two back camera mounts? im lost..can you take a picture? im interested to see you getting this thing working.

this is the best I can show you right now. I am doing some other mods and P2V is apart...
The long ones go in the back... short ones in front. make them snug

Attachments

• goodluckmounting.jpg
    goodluckmounting.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 326

AllanVB said:
tizzl10 said:
did you balance your camera? got it working? On the bench.... waiting to fly... :) I superglued the two back camera mounts .... the camera has to be balanced correctly... (1 mount each in the front... 2 mounts each in the rear)

this is the best I can show you right now. I am doing some other mods and P2V is apart...

ok i see what you are saying now. looking forward to your flight.

tizzl10 said:
AllanVB said:
tizzl10 said:

ok i see what you are saying now. looking forward to your flight.
:) This is my next project... just waiting for china board and motors. :) Cost so far... approx. $150... 3 AXIS :)

Attachments

• 3axis.jpg
    3axis.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 271

It's not going to work.
Problem is ( I think ) the whole gimbal is not stiff enough causing it to bounce, causing the P2V to bounce making the gimbal to bounce..... Bench testing was for me fine too, but as soon as it's flying the bouncing starts to happen..

Noël said:
It's not going to work.
Problem is ( I think ) the whole gimbal is not stiff enough causing it to bounce, causing the P2V to bounce making the gimbal to bounce..... Bench testing was for me fine too, but as soon as it's flying the bouncing starts to happen..

Mine arrived today. Don't know if I'm happy or sad......

Anyhow, I fiddled with it a little at work, and the construction seems solid. I can't flex any of the material that is made of carbon fiber. Seems solid as it it possibly could be. The motor's do look a bit wimpy. I wonder what the KV rating on other gimbals are compared to this one?

The power cable is to thin for my liking, so I'm going to change it out to a heavier gauge wire. That will let it pull all the current it wants, without the voltage dropping under load.

TexomaEV said:
Noël said:
It's not going to work.

Mine arrived today. Don't know if I'm happy or sad......

Anyhow, I fiddled with it a little at work, and the construction seems solid. I can't flex any of the material that is made of carbon fiber. Seems solid as it it possibly could be. The motor's do look a bit wimpy. I wonder what the KV rating on other gimbals are compared to this one?

The power cable is to thin for my liking, so I'm going to change it out to a heavier gauge wire. That will let it pull all the current it wants, without the voltage dropping under load.

wasting your time.. attach it to your phantom and fly it.. you will see. I too thought it was solid..its not. its a bad design.

I'm with Tizzl10. I gave up after printing out several structural enhancements with no improvement. I think the main problem is the camera arm has too much flex even though it seems pretty stiff. One other thing that doesn't help (and this may be a stretch) is the flat plate the camera mounts too. I think it catches the prop wash and gets pushed down then bounces up and so on. I ended up ditching everything but the top plate that mounts to the dampeners and designed and printed all new mounts. I used the camera holder that is available on Thingaverse (Thanks to whoever designed that, it fits like a glove and with my terrible 3d Cad skills, I would have never been able to draw that). The mounts I designed look rather similar to another popular gimbal. So much so that I have named it the GoodLuck Taco. I have flown it a couple of times and have no bounce and the video is pretty good but still needs some adjustment to the dampeners to fix a bit of jello.

Attachments

• gimbal4v2.jpg
    gimbal4v2.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 342
  • gimbal 2v2.jpg
    gimbal 2v2.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 343

ktbeasley said:
I'm with Tizzl10. I gave up after printing out several structural enhancements with no improvement. I think the main problem is the camera arm has too much flex even though it seems pretty stiff. One other thing that doesn't help (and this may be a stretch) is the flat plate the camera mounts too. I think it catches the prop wash and gets pushed down then bounces up and so on. I ended up ditching everything but the top plate that mounts to the dampeners and designed and printed all new mounts. I used the camera holder that is available on Thingaverse (Thanks to whoever designed that, it fits like a glove and with my terrible 3d Cad skills, I would have never been able to draw that). The mounts I designed look rather similar to another popular gimbal. So much so that I have named it the GoodLuck Taco. I have flown it a couple of times and have no bounce and the video is pretty good but still needs some adjustment to the dampeners to fix a bit of jello.
edit

edit

would like to see your pictures but not working.

nevermind..I copy and pasted your links to see them.

Well, I can design and print gimbal parts but I can't seem to figure out how to put pictures on a forum. I guess you can't do that with Google drive. I will shrink the file size and just attach them.

ktbeasley said:
Well, I can design and print gimbal parts but I can't seem to figure out how to put pictures on a forum. I guess you can't do that with Google drive. I will shrink the file size and just attach them.

what 3d printer is this you have? been thinking about getting one but i dont know jack about them.

Nice but you will need to cut the ears from the camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20