Goodluckbuy gimbal *this thing is crap. dont waste your time

Re: Goodluckbuy gimbal *this thing is crap. dont waste your

dataway said:
This is interesting, I went to the Simple BCG website to look for BCG documentation located here at:

http://www.simplebgc.com/eng/downloads/

and this is the first thing that pops up :

WARNING! Some sites sale fake copies of SimpleBGC controller!

Known list of stores that sale fake copies:

Goodluckbuy.com
Ebay.com, seller vocanlo
mongrelgear.com.au

I can guarantee that my firmware updates will work only with boards distributed by my official partners and their distributors.
For list of stores that authorized to use my firmware in their products, please refer to page Where to buy.

... So does the Taco. An original BGC controller is $150, so obviously this is not an original.

Guys lest use our heads.. these gimbals are Russian and Chinesse hacks the BCG controllers are 149.00 a pop how can you buy a full assemble gimbal for 129.00.Now i have a taco gimbal and it is working perfectly.

The shacking i see on the video is not the gimbal itself but something wrong with the configuration.
make sure you calibrate the gyro and accelerometers and then a 6 point advanced calibration. and see what happens.

amrflyingdude said:
tizzl10 said:
I already have the taco profile..when I plugged it up to the GUI, it was not blank..there were values already set..

Tizz this isn't connected tho.. The GUI says "Not Connected"

no, it wasn't at the time I took this picture..im uploading another video that shows how it shakes as it sittin on a table.

tizzl10 said:
amrflyingdude said:
tizzl10 said:
I already have the taco profile..when I plugged it up to the GUI, it was not blank..there were values already set..

Tizz this isn't connected tho.. The GUI says "Not Connected"

no, it wasn't at the time I took this picture..im uploading another video that shows how it shakes as it sittin on a table.

Let me know when you upload it.

I have never owned a gimbal but wondering if this shaking behavior isn't a consequence of the camera pivoting outside its center of gravity causing a torqueing effect on the P2V? perhaps the camera needs to be shifted. Looking at the I beam construction of the arms seems they wouldn't flex much.

looking at that last video does look like there is a lot of play in the mechanism...

Tizz. I think I found the cause of your issue.

Can you mode the motor to the side of the camera a little more towards the bcd? Seems like there is a rail for you to move it back. On the goodluckbuy video the arm holding the camera looks more towards the back than yours. Can you slide that arm back a little bit?

rfernandez said:
why did you take off the taco?

well, partly because I wanted to try this one out to see how it stacked up to the taco. lol.

amrflyingdude said:

Can you mode the motor to the side of the camera a little more towards the bcd? Seems like there is a rail for you to move it back. On the goodluckbuy video the arm holding the camera looks more towards the back than yours. Can you slide that arm back a little bit?

ill try.

tizzl10 said:
amrflyingdude said:

ok, so that arm doesn't adjust but the platform that the camera sits on is adjustable..i slid the camera all the way back as far as it goes towards the back and that didn't make a difference..still shakes the quad. :/

Ouch!

Well I ordered one and just canceled it. I see what you mean, it is a design flaw. Try to get a refund man it really sucks.

amrflyingdude said:
Ouch!

Well I ordered one and just canceled it. I see what you mean, it is a design flaw. Try to get a refund man it really sucks.

im going to keep it on for now and mess around with it some more on Friday..ill figure something out. thanks for your help.

dataway said:
I wonder if you can print out the camera housing found here and mount it directly to the motor and not use the Arm they use in their gimbal:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:278267

That may get rid of that vibration from the arm the camera is mounted on.

just a thought ....

you mean like this .....i printed it out in white...

Attachments

• IMG_20140330_144517.jpg
    IMG_20140330_144517.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 375

Right Big Chips if one can just use the camera holder and mount that directly to the motor completely replacing the arm.

Ok so for a final test before writing this turd off as a loss, I disconnected the power to the gimbal and sure as **** the **** thing still shakes like nobody's business. Took it off and put the taco back on. Works like a charm. If anybody has already ordered this thing, cancel before they ship it. If you already got shipping notification and install it, please let me know how it went. I'm interested to see if anybody else had the same issue as me.

Big disappointment, I had high hopes for this gimbal.

Canceled my order yesterday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20