Goodluckbuy Gimbal - Stuttering Issue

Reaction score
I received a brushless gimbal from goodluckbuy yesterday and plugged it into the balance port on the Phantom's battery to give it a quick test. The gimbal appears to work, but it has a pretty major 'stuttering' problem while it's going through it's range of motion.

I'm planning on wiring it up to the Phantom's AUX 12v and setting up the pitch control, but I don't know if either of that would make a difference and resolve this stuttering issue - but I thought I would post here to see if anyone has come across this issue before and if there's any way to resolve this - or do I have a faulty gimbal and should I look into returning it? I haven't attempted to connect the gimbal to my PC via USB and open up SimpleBGC to see if there's anything that I can mess around in there to try and fix it.

Here's a quick vid to show what's happening:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9h7kb7beewu12u/gimbal.mp4

Thanks

And with the GoPro in place ?

Unfortunately I sold my old GoPro the other day and I'm waiting on my Black version to show up. If I put my finger on the gimbal to simulate a little bit of weight, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks for the replies fellas. I'll see if I can borrow a buddies GoPro to try until mine shows up.

My Goodluckbuy gimbal seemd to work ok out of the box with the gopro in place but after a couple of crashes it flips all over the place. I've had to turn the plate on which the gopro sits until the lower blue led comes on and then it seems to settle down.

Is there any way to find this optimal position or othewise reset the gimbal to get this position. It would be nice to be able to mark it so that I could just reset it after crashing (and rotating) to the "start" position.

Kevin.

You could try plugging the gimbal into your PC, run SimpleBGC and try calibrating the accelerometer and gyroscope. Just a suggestion - but keep in mind I'm a complete n00b.

I have this gimbal: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-phantom- ... raphy.html and had the same stuttering problem. I did two things to fix the issue...one easy and one not so easy. First I changed the position of the gopro to "hug" the brushless motor and that solved the stuttering issue (apparently the CG must be within a narrow envelope). The response time was WAY too slow so I reflashed the AlexMos board to different revisions until one worked well...I ended up reflashing to V 1.2 . Now it works well with no stuttering and respond well to control inputs (movement and pitch changes prom the TX).

Thanks for the info ted35. Do you have a link to the v1.2? I believe I have the exact same gimbal, and mine is showing v1.0 in the SimpleBGC software. I wouldn't mind updating mine as well - or maybe after I throw a GoPro on it and see how it responds.

Edit... nevermind... I see it's my board that is v1.0. It must have been a different firmware that you flashed?

Attachments

• gimbal software.jpg
    gimbal software.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 435
Jebus. I see from your screeshot that you are using V 2.2. I couldn't get that version to work well with my gimbal and ended up with V1.3...not as elegant of an interface as V2.2 but it works well.

I tried a bunch of different versions and they all complained about incompatible boards or firmwares. This was the only one that would open for me. My guess is that it has to match your firmware version?

The most stable version for the goodluckbuy gimbal seems to be the BGC 2.0 with mine. It is like a rock so far- even after a tap and fall.
I do see substandard soldering almost everywhere, and have redone several spots- other than that- it's all good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20