goodluckbuy gimbal questions

I see what you're saying about the longer lever but it seems like there ought to be an adjustment in the amount of rotation of the control pot to give the desired angle of pitch travel on the gimbal. I've tried programming the X1, which is the 7th channel, in both the RC Assistant as well as the Phantom Assistant to no avail.
I did some resistance measurements on the pot and was seeing about 1500 ohms in a quarter turn of the pot and then the resistance went back to zero during the rest of the half turn travel. Would seem like maybe a 750 ohm pot would be about right.
May have to break down and do the conversion that puts the 7th channel pot on top of the radio control. Anyone know where to find that on this forum?

Happy to say that I finally got the X1 calibrated to where it takes a 1/4" turn of the pot to move the gimbal 1/4 turn (90 degrees from facing forward to facing down. Took the advice of a previous post saying to calibrate the X1 in both the RC Assistant and the NAZA Assistant. Not exactly sure what I did and in what sequence but it's now working correctly!
Another example of where some proper documentation would save a lot of hassle.

npalen said:
Happy to say that I finally got the X1 calibrated to where it takes a 1/4" turn of the pot to move the gimbal 1/4 turn (90 degrees from facing forward to facing down. Took the advice of a previous post saying to calibrate the X1 in both the RC Assistant and the NAZA Assistant. Not exactly sure what I did and in what sequence but it's now working correctly!
Another example of where some proper documentation would save a lot of hassle.

thats great news.
It s an issue I am dealing with using my Walkera gimbal.
75% of the movement of the lever and nothing. Last 25%, full pitch movement. There is no in between.
I've seen others rectify this by using a knob or dial to move the 7th channel all the way left and right. The lever limits you a lot.

So you are saying to did both the RC assistant and naza assistant and it worked? Thats kind of a pain for me. My controller has the usb port inside of it. So adjusting the 7th channel while its all together isnt possible :(

.... oh wait! Unless i remove the antenna and run the usb cord out the top temporarily!

update:
no luck. X1 cant be calibrated in the rc assistant

My control also has the usb inside but no big deal to open it up to access. Take the four screws out of the back and then lift up on the back to pull it out and away from the antenna flange. Support the front of the control so the sticks don't get pushed to the side when you're doing the X1 calibration. This is also a good opportunity to switch the control to FCC in the software and also turn the bottom pot fully clockwise. I noticed that the indicator light on the front of the control now goes from green to white when switching it on since changing the setting to FCC in the software.
I really don't understand why messing with the X1 switch during the control calibration does anything but then doing the calibration again in NAZA Assistant made it start working. :?: I've tried so many different things in the past that I honestly wasn't hopeful that it would start working.
I am using the knob rather than the lever so, yes, was able to swing the pot thru it's full rotation during calibration. With the control opened up you can do the same with a tiny screwdriver in the slot of the pot. Again, you can do all the above messing around with the controller open. Hope you have good luck.

An update to the last post above: The white light I referred to was apparently telling me that the transmitter was not sending a good signal. I didn't realize that until this evening when the Phantom would not fire up. So.....took the transmitter apart once again and did another calibration and everything works fine and the bird now flies. The light no longer goes white but stays green as it always has and the 7th gimbal control works perfect. Go figure?

Hi juys,

Just received my gimbal from banggood. It's a goodluckbuy silver one.
I made a huge mistake and reset all settings to default with the simpleBGC app
and now i cant get it so work as before.
I am powering it with the power aux from the phantom and using a sj4000 cam which i balanced by adding weight.
Can anyone help me with his PID and power parameters or explain how to get it to work?
Thanks

Thanks but already had this. Apparently there is a saved profile with preprogrammed values so I uploaded. Will test it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang in there. You will get it figured out and its amazing how well they work.

crashmaniac said:
the best, smoothest, smallest & simplest Gimbal is a WALKERA G-2D to suit GOPRO cameras :)

end of story IMHO

Not true. The GL-2X is smaller, lighter, simpler and on my Phantom perfectly smooth.

crashmaniac said:
the best, smoothest, smallest & simplest Gimbal is a WALKERA G-2D to suit GOPRO cameras :)
end of story IMHO
Not true. It's a Walkera product, designed for Walkera copters, not DJI. As other users have reported here, it does not fit properly on the Phantom: it interferes with the battery door opening and it is a bit too long and you need to extend the Phantom legs in order not to bump your GoPro in the ground.

If one is starting fresh looking to buy a gimbal, one should buy something designed for a DJI Phantom, something that does not need extra modding and just fits.

Have a little Chinese gimbal problem. I am not getting any movement of the gimbal or in NAZA assistant. I have read here that the pitch pot in the controller reads 0 to1500 ohms resistance. I am reading 245 ohms and it doesn't change. My question is: Is this 1500 ohms with the pot in or out of the circuit. I haven't removed the pot to read the resistance. EXACTLY how do you calibrate the X1 channel?

Thanks,

DJK

At the time, thw walkera WAS the lightest - which is why I bought it.

Now im just waiting for my GL-2X to arrive. I am getting so much vibration from the walkera, but I have a feeling its the anti-vibe dampners. Regardless, for peace of mind, I would rather have a gimbal fitted for the phantom

Hi guys sorry to bring this to the fore again but I have just received this gimbal and am ready to fit to my FC40 and am waiting for the next steps in this saga - does anyone have some more gems to impart - Many thanks :D

It's so close to the ground, the accelerometer can rub on uneven ground. I use the Naza software to run the pitch and steady the roll. I had to move the accelerometer to the other side of where it was located. The chip extended beyond the base bar and hit the gimbal bracket prohibiting it from moving past 30 degrees. I just removed the chip and used new double sided tape and relocated it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj