goodluckbuy gimbal questions

not too happy with my walkera gimbal.

For some reason I cant get rid of the vibration.
So I just ordered the GLB gimbal off of ebay (figured I would also have buyer protection from ebay)
I got it from goodlucksell, which is the same as goodluckbuy - just their ebay store.

I was tempted to get the 3 axis gimbal from GLB, but that seems way beyond me when it comes to setup and it doesnt seem like many here have experience with it.

dragonash said:

So I just ordered the GLB gimbal off of ebay (figured I would also have buyer protection from ebay)
I got it from goodlucksell, which is the same as goodluckbuy - just their ebay store.

I was tempted to get the 3 axis gimbal from GLB, but that seems way beyond me when it comes to setup and it doesnt seem like many here have experience with it.

Bummer. Wish you could figure it out. Mine's working perfectly. Hopefully you will have better luck with the GLB.

PortPilot said:
dragonash said:

Bummer. Wish you could figure it out. Mine's working perfectly. Hopefully you will have better luck with the GLB.

Mine WAS working perfectly.
I dont know what changed. It happened after I reversed the plate so we could use both screws to secure it. But even after I "undid" that mod, there was still vibration.

I added a gopro quick connect to the too of my gimbal, and attached the base to the bottom of the phantom. I can take the gimbal off easier know, don't have to pop out the rubber pieces every time. And I can put a regular gopro mount into it to put the gopro on it in the case, or to put the fc40 camera back on.

I used the taller gopro mount. The top piece unscrews and gives you just the clicky part you need. You have to drill out a bit on it, and need to find screws, but it works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402245594.084797.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402245594.084797.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 596
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402245669.639627.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402245669.639627.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 556
oh wow, thats pretty inventive.

Any picture quality change? No vibrations? Jello?

Also, I would be nervous about just having the gimbal on the phantom with some "sticky tape" that came with the gopro mount

dragonash said:
oh wow, thats pretty inventive.

Any picture quality change? No vibrations? Jello?

Also, I would be nervous about just having the gimbal on the phantom with some "sticky tape" that came with the gopro mount

I haven't had it up for more than a quick test run. It didn't seem any different. They tend to hold gopros in place well enough. I'm planning on making some sort of strap that goes through the center of one of the rubber bubbles and then around a leg, essentially tethering it to the phantom. It could still come off, but it won't fall to the ground. That should keep it safe if the bubbles all pop out as well.
It is a bit more weight than what the mounts made for, but it darn adhesive stuff, so I think it can hold it. But I plan to have the tether just in case.

so guys, for those of you with the goodluckbuy gimbal (GL-2X), how have the adjustments been?
Do you have to use the alexmos software? Or can you simply adjust everything in the naza assistant?

I've not got round to doing the gimbal control yet (wife has had me too busy with birthdays, diy and such like). but it worked absolutely fine as a stabiliser from the word go. Nice and stable and with no need to adjust anything (reminds me - I should download the software and see what its set at for future reference).

lostkiwi said:
I've not got round to doing the gimbal control yet (wife has had me too busy with birthdays, diy and such like). but it worked absolutely fine as a stabiliser from the word go. Nice and stable and with no need to adjust anything (reminds me - I should download the software and see what its set at for future reference).

And the wiring? No issues? I've been looking at reference pictures and it seems like they change the wiring for each gimbal they make slightly.

Got any pics?

dragonash said:
so guys, for those of you with the goodluckbuy gimbal (GL-2X), how have the adjustments been?
Do you have to use the alexmos software? Or can you simply adjust everything in the naza assistant?
And the wiring? No issues? I've been looking at reference pictures and it seems like they change the wiring for each gimbal they make slightly.
Got any pics?

It has been a very pleasant experience with this gimbal, it's proven to be truly plug-and-play. The only thing I did was solder the power connector and the pitch connector. The gimbal fits perfectly, nothing is in the way and it does not bump in the ground. Just power up and fly!

In the Naza assistant, the only thing you need to calibrate is the pitch lever travel. Just press calibrate, move the pitch lever to the travel limits and that's it.

Second to the H3-2D DJI gimbal, I think the GL-2X is the best choice for a 2-axis gimbal for a Phantom. The only scenario you would not want to use this gimbal would be if you want to fit some other camera than a GoPro.

As for the wiring, see the posts on this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2093657
For my gimbal, the wiring diagram did not change from what the other user posted on that forum or from what is on the goodluckbuy product page; the gimbal comes with absolutely no documentation, but the wiring diagram is posted on the product webpage.

BladHaund said:
As for the wiring, see the posts on this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2093657
For my gimbal, the wiring diagram did not change from what the other user posted on that forum or from what is on the goodluckbuy product page; the gimbal comes with absolutely no documentation, but the wiring diagram is posted on the product webpage.

yeah, i did come across that post, which prompted my question.
No biggy though. When it gets delivered, I'm sure I will be posted pics asking "what goes where" lol

No issues with the wiring other than all the wires are black (which makes life interesting).
If you follow the pinouts on their website its easy enough to sort.

I had to play around to get it to work. I've had to plug the pitch control from naza into the top right pin, which is labeled as roll. Not sure why, but it works, so I'm gonna go with that. My gimbal was sitting a bit crooked, so I added some angled shim between the arm and the sensor, low tech way to make it work.

Jermz said:
I had to play around to get it to work. I've had to plug the pitch control from naza into the top right pin, which is labeled as roll. Not sure why, but it works, so I'm gonna go with that. My gimbal was sitting a bit crooked, so I added some angled shim between the arm and the sensor, low tech way to make it work.

It is possible to change the centre setting in Naza M assistant and correct minor gimbal leans --
My old gimbal had a lean and -50 instead of zero fixed it ... Mandrake

Mandrake said:
Jermz said:

It is possible to change the centre setting in Naza M assistant and correct minor gimbal leans --
My old gimbal had a lean and -50 instead of zero fixed it ... Mandrake

My phantom goes kinda nuts if I have something plugged into the roll pin (don't recall if it's f1 or f2, without the phantom open I can't remember) and don't have it plugged into a gimbal. It just beeps and won't power up. Since I like to take my gimbal off occasionally, this is a bit of a problem, because I don't want to open my bird up every time i take it on or off. This doesn't happen with the pitch pin. I'm not sure what the cause of this is, but it's very consistent, and only happens with the roll pin.

Otherwise I'd use naza to correct it. I'd like that better than my solution, but it's being problematic for me.

Anyway to adjust the sensitivity of the 7th channel transmitter lever? I find that it only takes about 1/8 turn of the resistor pot to change the camera attitude 90 degrees. I tried all kinds of different gimbal settings in the NAZA Assistant but doesn't change the sensitivity. Wondering if there might be a pot adjustment on the gimbal control for this? You guys have this issue?

I've adjusted the max on both ends of the travel range. No need to point up, why film the bottom of the phantom. Cutting your travel range in half makes it less sensitive. You may not need to point directly down as well, you can buy a little more there.
Some levers allow more range in their notion, that'll buy you a bit as well.

If you've done that, I've got nothing.

I'm not pointing up but rather straight forward and straight down at each end of the gimbal travel. I can adjust the calibration to travel 180 degrees but, like you say, no point in straight up. A slight rotation of the 7th axis control pot simply moves the camera rather quickly.
I don't want to go slow and I don't want to go fast--just want to go half fast. :D

You may want to look for a different lever to put on it, maybe a knob. If you can find something that gives you more range of motion on the actual lever it'll help you out. I have an after market lever that has a bit more range in its movement, so it probably helps you there. You can calibrate it for how ever much range you can get out of your lever.

I'd think a knob would go well, if I recall I think the internal piece has about 180 degrees of motion on it. The gimbal as you have it set up has about 90 degrees on it, I think that would give you pretty good control. I've seen people that have put a knob on the front of the controller, but I have no idea how to do that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik