Goodbye overheated tablet! No cold packs required!

Reaction score
Reactions: Fplvert
Air cooled sun hood.This is just a prototype, next I'll have a folding version that looks a lot cleaner and isn't made out of a cardboard box. Runs on a 380mAh battery, been running solid for the past 30 mins on a single charge.

Great Idea-- I have been pondering the same thing.. a plastic frame with a cooling fan and power source mounted on the back of the frame-- that the tablet would fit in--much like you have here. Maybe I can get a 3D Printer expert to print up a prototype. Once that is perfected, find or make a shade that would fit it. Maybe one of the 3D printer guys on this forum will jump on this.

iPad Air 2 here in 100F heat many times this summer (no sun shade). I've never had a heat issue though.
So far I've never had a heat issue even with 3 batterys back to back an no sun shade bar a screen guard. But maybe melbourne climate helps to keep it chilled.

Nice work. Good luck

Air cooled sun hood.This is just a prototype, next I'll have a folding version that looks a lot cleaner and isn't made out of a cardboard box. Runs on a 380mAh battery, been running solid for the past 30 mins on a single charge.
Nice work there, great idea!
Wan wah Debbie downer in the thread...
Haha, she my neighbor:eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic