Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Good tutorials?

Discussion in 'DJI Ground Station' started by Joe Batt, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Joe Batt

Hi Im new with the GS and Im struggling to find good clear step by step tutorials. I have it all installed ...just need to get it working correctly. My first attempt I set heights of 10m and when it set off it flew towards the first point and got lower and lower and lower....until !

I am using the GS on the iPad with a Phantom 2

2. crash1sttime

it flew off and got lower ???

Its supposed to fly upto the height in a diagonal line

Did a youtube search and found this

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DB323Li3M4[/youtube]

and this

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pLl01qsHrU[/youtube]

If you want anymore use your fingers and type in DJI ipad ground station into youtube search

3. Joe Batt

Thanks very much for your help :) All the YouTube stuff I found was rubbish ...these are good :) Thanks

And yes....for some reason it descended and flew into the ground......no idea why. I set 10m just in case with a waypoint about 50m from me just as a test....however....... :cry:

4. Bibos

Hi Joe,

you must be careful with the altitude Setting. The Phantom's altitude sensor is very bad and if rises even when the Phantom is sitting on the ground. If you had is switched on for a while the altitude reading might have risen to more than 10 meters and after you started it it thought it had to descent. I had the same issue on my very first flights. I had good reading after switching it off and on again after I did the first power-up. Always read the altitude it Shows on your Screen and Keep in mind the shown altitude is relative to the Point where you powered-on the Phantom.

Good Luck,
    Kent