Good travel lock for hard cases

Reaction score
A friend bought these locks for his case (Nanuk 950) and just ordered a pair for myself as I have the same case. They have a a really heavy duty construction, fit the thickness of the lock holes great, and are TSA approved. In the past I had to use either smaller locks that were hard to put on or the cable locks which can't be all that hard to cut with a nice pair of wire cutters. I know these aren't a full proof solution, but if keeps one person from trying to open the case and steal your Phantom, then I guess it's worth the $26.

Model No. 4696T | Master Lock

A 2 dollar lock will keep armatures out of your case. If someone who knows what there doing, a thousand dollar lock wont keep them out. They don't enter from the lock. If you haven't heard of the ball point pen watch the video

Like I said, not a full proof solution. The hard cases also don't have a zipper like that so this method wouldn't work anyway.

Like I said, not a full proof solution. The hard cases also don't have a zipper like that so this method wouldn't work anyway.

Actually, it does work on the hard cases. Requires a little more push than a cheap case but works like a charm. Try it.

Edit...an envelop opener works much better on a case

Why would someone take the time to break into a case and remove what was inside when it comes gift wrapped in its own carrying case? That is, they won't even take the time to open it, they will just take the entire case. It may still be good to have a lock on it but it won't need to be heavy duty in any way.

Like I mentioned, it's not a full proof solution but it's a good lock for a hard case. It's not going to stop someone who really wants it but if it stops that one person from popping open the case quickly and taking out your Phantom and leaving the rest, could be worth it. Have heard stories of airline employees doing exactly that (not with Phantoms specifically). If it's not for you that's fine but might help someone out there.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl