Good Repair Experience

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to share my recent excellent repair experience with DJI. I have read several threads regarding horrible service, however, my experience was great. I broke the gimbal ribbon flying too close to a wire. (Showing off for the nephew! Never again!) After reading the forums I debated ordering the ribbon to do the repair myself but decided to send it to DJI there might be a chance it was still under warranty. Here is my timeline:

Crash: Sunday, November 22nd
Contacted DJI by phone: Monday, Nov. 23rd
Received RMA and shipping by email less than 15 minutes after phone call.
Sent Phantom by Fed Ex 11/23 in the evening
Received by DJI Monday, November 30 with confirmation email (I think it would have been there sooner if it wasn't for the Thanksgiving holiday)
Received email from DJI on Wednesday, December 2nd telling me the repair was done and the unit was shipped.
Phantom delivered on Tuesday, December 8th (they replaced the whole camera instead of just the ribbon)

Total time including shipping and repair: 2 weeks and 1 day.

Back in the air today and everything works great.

Reactions: jryser and Reed L
WOW...based on what others have stated, the definitely is quick turn around. Especially with having the camera replaced instead of just the ribbon cable. Maybe DJI has improved their support model? Other than shipping, did they charge you anything

Hey druss,
They didn't charge anything, not even shipping. All I sent was the RMA and proof of purchase. The person I spoke with on the phone was very cordial and professional.

Cool. Mine took 8 weeks and it came back repaired. Well, they didn't tighten the VPS but I didn't find that out until this weekend when it fell off and was dangling by the cable. Easy enough to fix after I bought the tools.

I guess what I'm saying is I had a neutral experience but I'd recommend making sure all the parts are tight when you get it back. I have nothing bad to say about them, really, because it was during the beginning when everyone was complaining about service so I can understand them being in a rush...not excused, but understandable.

So DJI will cover repair cost in the first year even if the crash is an operating error? Wow, do I understand it right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to share my recent excellent repair experience with DJI. I have read several threads regarding horrible service, however, my experience was great. I broke the gimbal ribbon flying too close to a wire. (Showing off for the nephew! Never again!) After reading the forums I debated ordering the ribbon to do the repair myself but decided to send it to DJI there might be a chance it was still under warranty. Here is my timeline:

Crash: Sunday, November 22nd
Contacted DJI by phone: Monday, Nov. 23rd
Received RMA and shipping by email less than 15 minutes after phone call.
Sent Phantom by Fed Ex 11/23 in the evening
Received by DJI Monday, November 30 with confirmation email (I think it would have been there sooner if it wasn't for the Thanksgiving holiday)
Received email from DJI on Wednesday, December 2nd telling me the repair was done and the unit was shipped.
Phantom delivered on Tuesday, December 8th (they replaced the whole camera instead of just the ribbon)

Total time including shipping and repair: 2 weeks and 1 day.

Back in the air today and everything works great.
Same story for me

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20