Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Good quadcopters for $1,2,300?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by BVC, Jan 12, 2016.

1. BVC

BVC

I showed a few of my co-workers my Phantom last year and one of our mechanics was telling me his wife(?)s school bought "drone kits" for the lil ones as a science project to build/fly their own mini drones! I think they were $20 kits or something like that.. pretty cool.

Any who his grandson is 7yr old and he was telling me they spent more time outside playing with that lil drone more than they did playing video games, inside. He really liked that they got to spend time outside together having a great time.

So he asked me what would be a good drone for a 7yr old in the $200 range? He is coming up to the city area for personal reasons and naturally there are bigger hobby shops in the area compared to the farm like area he's from. Thursday and he'd like to pickup a brand locally if possible..

Could any of you provide a company/brand/model of some good toy drones that would fit this need??

Much appreciated!!

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

There are a few quadcopters here that would be nice for a 7yr old.

3. BVC

BVC

That link helps out a ton. Thank you very much!! I'm forwarding that to him tonight

4. Albert D

I really liked Syma X5C-1 - it is tough, lightweight, it has a camera plus does flips. Only $50-$60 on Amazon.com

5. Sinisalo

I am gonna have to chime in and say that the Hubsan X4 with FPV would be my first choice. My kids have had the Hubsan X4, XK Alien X250, the Syma X5C-1 and X5CSW-1 and they all have problems except the Hubsan

6. Erroll

Agreed about the Hubsan. Only problem is getting the video into a decent editor, although I doubt a 7 year old is too concerned with the video - the FPV on the screen is where it is at, eh?

7. Reed L

I wasn't impressed with Fry's at all but I've been into Hobby Town next to Sportsman's Warehouse. I think Sportsman's may have drones also but the guys at Hobby Town will help a lot.
    http://www.hobbytown.com/

8. John Locke

I really like my Dromida Ominus with camera. It's pretty rugged, flies great for a beginner drone.