Good Quad Copter to Practice with?

Reaction score
looking for something small and cheap to practice flying with. At first i wasn't so worried about crashing my stock phantom, but now that its equipped with go pro hd3 and zenmuse gimball i get a bit nervous at times. Open areas i'm comfortable but i would like a little practice flying indoors and in tight areas without having to strip down my phantom or worry about wasting 2k. any suggestions?

i heard about a MQX or Traxxas QR1.. Both under $100..

Any that can be used with the factory phantom controller / tx ? Looking for something with similar flying characteristics..

Any suggestions?

thanks

Spend a month flying an MQX around the yard or park in low winds and if you can do that then flying the Phantom will be nothing because it is so very stable compared to the smaller copters. Your MQX experience will prove invaluable, because in no time you'll be flying the Phantom around like a pro instead of hoping you don't smash it into something at every turn.

I practice with the Nano QX. I am not at all afraid to fly it flat out. It has a great stablization system (SAFE) and is a lot of fun.

It is really helping me fly the Phantom, as well as my several other Helicopters. Just about indestructable.

Nano QX is a blast. I have had a blast flying this thing around. Great little practice quad. Inside and outside. Get one, you will not regret it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Just fly the Phantom. Seriously...the others aren't even comparable.
Take the GoPro and the gimbal off until you're ready...but seriously, the Phantom is a more than agile beast that can handle even my 6 year old nephew flying it.

I practised with a Hubsan X4. Total laugh of a quad. Flies so well for £30.

I would vote for the MQX. I think the Nano would be too easy. In fact the Phantom is too easy in GPS and ATTI mode. Sometime in the future you may want or need to fly the Phantom in Manual Mode and you'll be prepared.

mQX is good for flying inside on rainy and windy days when you HAVE to fly something. It's harder than the Phantom and good exercise, you'll be forever picking it up from under chairs and returning it to the centre of the room to fly. Plus the battery last for ages compared to that gas guzzler Phantom.

ricklohre said:
Just fly the Phantom. Seriously...the others aren't even comparable.
Take the GoPro and the gimbal off until you're ready...but seriously, the Phantom is a more than agile beast that can handle even my 6 year old nephew flying it.

I totally agree. I tried using other RC helicopters, including the AR Drone, and consider that to have been a complete waste of time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj