good news on wet drone

Reaction score
well after 8 months of enjoying the heck out of my p2v+ ,i was filming kids launching off a rope swing into our lake when the rope hit the quad and she went down in 8 ft of water.
One of them dove down and got it and i got to find out how much 25 pounds of rice costs.
popped out the battery ,shook out some water and packed it full of rice.placed it in a box and completely covered it in rice.
took it out today (7 painful days later) everything works fine.
lucky me.

Congratulations! Glad you're back in the air!

Good job on the recovery. Just check her every once in a while for corrosion around the plugs pins. Wipe them off and clean them every 6 months or so and all should be good.

Good job on the recovery. Just check her every once in a while for corrosion around the plugs pins. Wipe them off and clean them every 6 months or so and all should be good.

Can you see that by just looking inside the battery compartment?

You can see the battery power and sensor connections. They should be shinny and not show any residue or film on them. If so clean. Over time the same happens with a lot of car batteries. Residue builds up and then you are stranded. No so good if your in the air and it looses that connection.
What goes up must definitely come down... Somewhere!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj