good morning pilots!!

Reaction score
Good Day everyone, i hope everyone is having lots of amazing flight time this summer,

A little introduction here, started flying a p3 4k this year which i had mistakenly assumed it was close to the p3 professional in regards to specs but was sadly disappointed with the range, and feed back to the controller, it was still fun and learned lots from it,

aswell i find 4k to be overkill for me at the moment as i find even 1080 60fps to be a bear to edit on any of my computers (mac pro 1.2) and (macbook pro i5 16g of ram ) i need to beef up my Mac Pro with a 1 gig gpu and 32gig of memory, after those upgrades i hope it will handle the task a little smoother, currently running adobe premier pro cs6,

I ended up upgrading to the phantom4 and i am more that happy with the upgrade, and aswell i run 1080 at 60fps with the phantom 4 recording in .mov

unfortunately i have made a few mistakes like buying the 4k p3 when i should have bought the advanced or pro, and aswell i bought a used iPad mini and unfortunately it was too slow so I'm back to using my phone which actually works we'll enough!

This community looks pretty amazing! Safe flights!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Matt
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: J Dot
Good show Matt,
Yes, with the 4K you loose lightbridge! Bummer!
I went from p2 to p3p, and love it, I know more than I need right now, but was a great deal I could not pass up!
Tx fell in pool, so he sold the pro w/battery and backpack ( no charger, no RC ) for $450 shipped, I found a charger for $52, and a Tx for $70 A model. Been having a blast!
I still fly my p2's I have 11 of them, but thoroughly enjoy the p3 ( only have 1 battery as of now, but planning to buy 2-3 more )lol

I thought about the 4, but did not want to skip the 3, as I also fix them, so learning all the time! But I'll have a 4 soon enough! Wish I could help with the Mac stuff, but I'm a Windows guy! Never messed with Mac stuff before?
Also I'm using a iPad Air 2, love it, super fast, and you DONT need a sunshade, even in direct sunlight!
Really cool, but hefty price tag $350-$380. ( 16gb cellular ) this was Verizon in USA.
Glad to have you aboard, I see your on while we in the US, are asleep! Lol

Some REALLY great/intelligent friends/members here, like a big family!

Off to work, have a great day! Hope to see some videos soon!

J Dot
:cool:

You can,
but you'll have to download/upload the map first with wifi, then go fly, you'll have to upload a new map for each different location before you fly! But with cellular, it comes up as current location, and brings up appropriate map! I would ask an expert, as in fairly new to P3, but I READ A LOT, I like to look at problems and fixes mostly! But I did run across this before. I hope I remember correctly for you! But you might want to double check!
Just don't want to give you bad advice! I am going off memory! Grey's getting thick up here? Lol

J Dot

But the air is the better one, as its screen is clear in sunlight! Not sure about the mini, but I know my mother mini won't open app, but it's a 1, that and the fact my iPhone 4s, nor iPad 3 w/retinal display wold not open app either, had to shell out the quid, for a new one!;)
I have ( IPad Air 2 ).
Not sure how the mini 2 does with it, you also have to watch, some devices will run the app, but with laggy results in FPV! I would DEFINATELY research it a bit!
Also the navidia shield K1, works well at half the cost, but I'm unfamiliar with android, so I opted to stay loyal iOS!:)

yes I'm a apple fanboy too! i know for a fact the apple mini 2 works well as i used my girlfriends, my iPhone 6 works well too, I'm thinking next iPhone i get will be a plus just for drone use and the iphone7 has a large dual camera aperture which can give you some really creative images!

Hey Matt
Really cool videos, the bike one is cool! As I've always loved Motos, and beach scenes are cool!
Is that your daughter I seen walking with you? I have a 3yr old little princess as well, we do EVERYTHING together, lol very cool my friend!
Most of my videos are tutorials or repair videos, not much fun!

Keep up the great work! A+

J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic