good luck buy gimbal setup in 5 min.... and works great!

Reaction score
Hi all,

As promised, I am putting up a video for people to see that 109$ good luck buy gimbal. Literally open this thing up and got it going in 5 minutes flat... oh and no silly boxes or plastic to rip thru... just a simple package and the gimbal that kicks ***!

http://youtu.be/F2n0kPypQsg

I have not got it up in the air as of yet (all my copters are in the shop/ being built) but I attached it to a frame base so yall could see what it does right out of the box.... this means: NO PROGRAMMING, no SOLDERING...NO BUILDING.. notta.

Oh, one other VERY cool thing is it comes with a servo hookup already ready for the tilt function for all of you that have radios other than the phantom one.

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-phantom- ... raphy.html

Did I mention it was $109!!! Nice work goodluckbuy. The build quality is amazing on this.

hope yall enjoy ;)

-hd

Looks cool but at the same time, looks heavy, compared to the carbon fiber or glass fiber versions. It's all about the grams baby ! :)

Ok, help bro. I bought this very same gimbal and of course not knowing allot about it I thought you needed to tweak and do crap with the b-gimbal software for setup. Anyways, not the gimbal is not configured so my question is this. What in the hell do I do to get it back to its original factory default settings so it works?

Do I need to flash the firmware and if so please explain how?

This would help so much if you would please as I am at a loss.

Thanks.......

@btconverse, so what did you use to flash it? Martinez using Arduino? I had the same thing in mind as it comes with no instructions only I plugged in a battery in and it worked...which was cool for me.

I am *guessing* that they are using http://code.google.com/p/brushless-gimb ... loads/list for the firmware.

So is that what you used to flash it?

If I were you I would email the good folks at GoodLuckBuy and ask them, but more than likely they are using the firmware from above. Sorry I cant be of more help with the firmware. Again, just ask. Write back here if you find out.

Good luck!

I think you are correct on the site with the firmware and programming GUI but i will be dammed if I can get it to connect. Nothing seems to make any sense when it comes to these things right now. I did email them and they sent me a walk through which was extremely crappy and as vague as it gets. Not to mention the screen shots of the app they are using is in Chinese. GREAT! They said I can send it back and they would refund my money or send a new one but I find it hard to believe this issue cannot be corrected by re-flashing firmware or something. I am hoping to find someone who has tinkered with this thing to help me.

Oh and as I have been trying to resolve this I don't believe I have successfully flashed anything as nothing is giving an indicaation of anything successful.

so what happens when you plug a 4S battery in? It prolly will just work if you didnt erase anything. Sounds to me like you didnt do anything to it. I dont believe that these gimbals function very well unless you give them a pretty strong current, like what I am using --a simple Zippy compact 4C 1000Mh in the video above. THat can also power the RCtimer gimbal i have.

Hope this helps.

marcus_canada said:
Looks cool but at the same time, looks heavy, compared to the carbon fiber or glass fiber versions. It's all about the grams baby ! :)

It weighs 210g

HD,
When trying to access the video link in the original post of July 26th, I get a message that it is a private video and I can't view it. I would love to see it as I will be installing my gimbal tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
Night Owl

I'm guessing theres no way to get this to work with a tilt control in your RC-controller? Can you manually turn the camera to point down and then the gimbal will keep that position, or does it keep camera pointing straight forward all the time without any chance to adjust the tilt?

Miika said:
I'm guessing theres no way to get this to work with a tilt control in your RC-controller? Can you manually turn the camera to point down and then the gimbal will keep that position, or does it keep camera pointing straight forward all the time without any chance to adjust the tilt?

You can activate the pitch control for camera/gimbal in assistant software - ADVANCED -> Gimbal (this will enable you to direct the camera to the angle you want it in)

You also have to run wiring to NAZA from gimbal to control it w/7th channel - check you tube there's a bunch of videos related to GoodLuckBuy gimbals

any way you can set the video so its by link only. I just bought that gimbal this morning and would like to see your video.

btconverse said:
Ok, help bro. I bought this very same gimbal and of course not knowing allot about it I thought you needed to tweak and do crap with the b-gimbal software for setup. Anyways, not the gimbal is not configured so my question is this. What in the hell do I do to get it back to its original factory default settings so it works?

Do I need to flash the firmware and if so please explain how?

This would help so much if you would please as I am at a loss.

Thanks.......

You have quite some work ahead of you if you chose to reset the firmware that comes with it. Goodluckbuy cant help you further and whatever help you are getting is not worth it.
What you need to do, is to update the Martinez board firmware through arduino programmer. U need to know what settings in the programmer to use and u need to use the lastest firmware. Also you probably need to turn around the gyro board because of the new firmware.
In all it works, and it works great. The motors are great and the build are quite nice. Im guessing that when everything is setup correctly it is as good as any other gimbal. Though it has not so great placement of the camera.... you can take out some screws and turn around how it holds the camera, so that you can enter the outputs on the camera.

Anyway. I wont recommend this gimbal to anyone, it took me A LONG time to figure it out and I had some problems. I happened to do 1 thing wrong and suddenly needed to buy a new component to get a bootloader updatet before the firmware.

The sucky thing by all this is, that goodluckbuy doesn't try and help you at all. They have some old settings working and they work when you get it. If you try and do just any corrections, you need to go through so many things. Please do NOT ever use any of the firmware from goodluckbuy, waste of time.

I would in some ways like to make a perfect guide for this, but in other ways I cant seem to find the reason on why to support something this bad supportet from the seller. Only for you my friend ofcourse, but let anyone else know that they can buy such bad supportet product with an open source controller board, is just not worth it really.

Please anyone who reads this, buy some other gimbal with a manufacturer supporting it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers