Good insurance information

Reaction score
This information might be helpful for others who have State Farm.

I was reading on the internet a recent article regarding drones and insurance and a spokesperson from State Farm said pleasure/hobby drones are covered under their homeowners insurance.Called my State Farm agent and he confirmed they are indeed covered under homeowners as long as they aren't for business purposes.
So any liability claim if I hit a person, house, car, etc would be covered. Also my umbrella policy would kick into effect. It doesn't include a loss like flying an crashing or flyaway or going into the drink. But I'm getting a personal article floater for $40/year and it covers virtually everything including crashing, flyaway, going in the drink, dropping it landing on a trail and a horse steps on it... You name it. And what is nice is it has $100 deductible. I guess you can cover many things this way. Anyway, I thought I would pass this on to anyone who might be interested.

Just some info that some might find helpful

Last edited:
Unless ones homeowners policy specifically "excludes" it, you're covered. I certainly can agree that business use for likely be an exclusion under most HO Policies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik