good guy/bad guy

Yes
I offered the mods that advice 3 years ago, coming from another trade site, where feedback was present, they were also doing RAOK, ( random acts of kindness ) where people would send stuff ( boxes of stuff ) to random people for free! Happened all the time, I sent out 10, but also received 2 over the years!
Great idea but got shot down back then, not sure why, but all in all would be a plus, in my book! But I would not hold your breath on it!
Bummer!

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: 185EZ
Since I have so many different hobbies/interest, I belong to many different forums. Of those couple dozen only 1 or 2 has a "Seller/Buyer Feedback" section. I find they fit very well for those forums as they are more generic and I think ownership of those products or participation in those hobbies does have alot of product turn-over and there is alot of different products.

As an example I belong to an Adventure Motorcycle forum. People are always buying and trying different parts that in some cases are interchangeable between motorcycles. Then there is motorcycle gear...

What I see in forums like this which is very specific "Phantom", is that sellers are typically people who bought a Phantom and no longer want it for whatever reason, so once they sell it they won't be back. Or have sold the "bird" and have accessories they are trying to sell-off. So, I'm thinking giving feedback to a user who never returns isn't very useful. I can see the benefit of a "scammer", but I'm pretty darn sure if someone got scammed, they'd create a new thread in the Classifieds warning of this...

Not saying it should or shouldn't be added, but I don't think it would be of much use on a site like this...

Since I have so many different hobbies/interest, I belong to many different forums. Of those couple dozen only 1 or 2 has a "Seller/Buyer Feedback" section. I find they fit very well for those forums as they are more generic and I think ownership of those products or participation in those hobbies does have alot of product turn-over and there is alot of different products.

As an example I belong to an Adventure Motorcycle forum. People are always buying and trying different parts that in some cases are interchangeable between motorcycles. Then there is motorcycle gear...

What I see in forums like this which is very specific "Phantom", is that sellers are typically people who bought a Phantom and no longer want it for whatever reason, so once they sell it they won't be back. Or have sold the "bird" and have accessories they are trying to sell-off. So, I'm thinking giving feedback to a user who never returns isn't very useful. I can see the benefit of a "scammer", but I'm pretty darn sure if someone got scammed, they'd create a new thread in the Classifieds warning of this...

Not saying it should or shouldn't be added, but I don't think it would be of much use on a site like this...
I would have to agree.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yes
But easiest way to get around it, just ask about seller and I'm sure members will share their experiences with you!
Luckily I've only been taken once here for around $150, member since has been banned!

But also
A recent post, about a week ago, a member was worried another member ( very trustworthy member ) was taking advantage of him, so several replied with how great a guy the seller was, and how out of character it was for him not to reply?
Turns out the guys phone was run over, and was out of contact for 2 days while he replaced his phone, in the end all was well, everyone was happy, all because of a simple phone issue! As you can see, other members helped that situation, and was resolved quickly without bloodshed! Lol

But honestly
I have bought SEVERAL items here from several members ( even new members ) and have only had 1 bad experience over the MANY YEARS HERE! Members here are really a great bunch of people, helpful, inventive, brilliant, and I have become GREAT friends with many! I love it here!
( some members are simply AMAZING! I sometimes wonder how they get so smart! )

J Dot

In many cases a sticky that would point out good vs bad is a good idea. But, and that's a big But, I would hate to see someone's reputation ruined because there was a disagreement between two parties, or something happened that someone didn't like. The guy being accused is instantly (and often permanently) branded a bad guy when in reality he is not. Have you ever read reviews for a product online? 50 people say the product is the best thing since sliced bread, but there's always that one guy who whines and complains and says something like" "Don't buy from this seller", or some other nonsense.

For example: I sold some parts to a guy on these forums for $100.00. He paid me by paypal. On his end he paid $100, but I only received $96 and change. That was due to PayPal taking their cut. To be honest, I was a little ticked off and thought the buyer should have transferred a little extra to make up for it. Now, Is he a bad guy who is dishonest and should be avoided? Absolutely not! But someone else might think so and want to add him to the "Bad" list.

Only If the moderator could screen every post and prove or disprove the allegations, would it work fairly. That would take a lot of effort and is most likely why the idea was rejected. Just my .02

Last edited:
While the idea is good, it is almost impossible to implement. There are several reasons that it would not be a good fit here, basically we are not e-bay. Even if there was a "rating system" in place, people can still rip you off. The best way to avoid issues is to be very diligent when buying something over the Internet, do your homework and remember "cravat emptor" or "buyer beware!"

While the idea is good, it is almost impossible to implement. There are several reasons that it would not be a good fit here, basically we are not e-bay. Even if there was a "rating system" in place, people can still rip you off. The best way to avoid issues is to be very diligent when buying something over the Internet, do your homework and remember "cravat emptor" or "buyer beware!"

Lol
You into Fasion? I believe it is
" Caveat Emptor " lol
Just busting your balls! Lol

J Dot

Reactions: bbfpv
Lol
You into Fasion? I believe it is
" Caveat Emptor " lol
Just busting your balls! Lol

J Dot
Mi spull chucker mut bi bookin agen :D

Reactions: J Dot
Figured Spell checker was the culprit!
Happens to me ALL the time!

At least it was a CLEAN one, usually mine end up in the gutter! OOOOOPS!:rolleyes:

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj